Slow cooker queso blanco dip takes just 5 minutes to prep and only 5 ingredients to make. This creamy white cheese dip is seriously the best ever!
When it comes to tasty appetizers, give me ALL the dips. Especially Mexican dips…the flavors just can’t be beat! This recipe is a favorite, as well as 7-layer dip, mango salsa and black bean and corn salsa.
One of my favorite appetizers to get when eating out is queso blanco dip (aka white queso dip). So I decided to make some at home over the weekend and it turned out amazing! And let me tell you, it is SO easy to make. Just dump it all in the slow cooker and let it do all the work for you!
After reading online that white american cheese (only found in the deli) is the way to go, I can definitely confirm that! I had experimented with other cheeses before and the white american cheese really is the best because it creates a super creamy dip. Plus the green chilies give the white queso the perfect kick, while not being overly spicy (my kids loved it).
This queso blanco dip is the perfect appetizer for game day too! The boys will love it. It also goes great with my guacamole and salsa. You can even serve it on top of your favorite Mexican dishes or use it as a nacho bar topping. Yum!
- Cream cheese: You’ll need one 8-ounce block of cream cheese. This helps give the dip that perfectly creamy texture. Remember to cut it into 1/2 inch cubes before adding to the slow cooker.
- White american cheese: This cheese is the best kind when making white cheese dip! I’ve experimented with other cheeses and white american is by far the winner. It adds great flavor and creaminess. I get mine from the deli, which is where you can only find it at most local grocery stores.
- Butter: Make sure to use salted butter. You’ll only need to add in a little – about 1 Tablespoon.
- Green chiles: The green chiles add the perfect kick without too much heat. If you’re not a spice fan, simply add half the amount of chiles.
- Milk: Add about 3-4 Tablespoons of milk to thin out the queso a little so that it’s perfectly creamy and smooth.
- Optional: I like to mix in some chopped jalapenos for extra spice and top with fresh cilantro. Both are optional, so feel free to omit if you’d like.
How to make queso blanco dip in crock pot
Scroll down for the printable recipe and video tutorial below.
- Cook in crock pot. In a slow cooker, combine cream cheese, american cheese, butter, green chiles and jalapenos. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Stir and cook longer. Stir the mixture until well combined and then add a Tablespoon at a time of milk and water until desired consistency is met. Cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and smooth.
- Keep warm until serving. Keep in the slow cooker on the warm setting until ready to serve. When serving, I love to top with jalapenos and chopped cilantro. We keep it classic and use tortilla chips for dipping, however chopped veggies taste great too if you’re looking for a healthier option!
- Using a 4-6 quart slow cooker is best when making this recipe.
- Stick with white american cheese! This is the key component for a perfectly creamy and flavorful white queso.
- Can add in cooked meat such as chorizo, beef or sausage.
- Feel free to double or triple the recipe if serving a large crowd. Make sure to use a big enough crockpot!
- Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days. When reheating, add a teaspoon of water and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and add another teaspoon water if needed. Heat in 30 second increments until hot.
More tasty cheese dips:
- Skillet queso dip with chorizo
- Cream cheese chili queso dip
- Cheesy chicken enchilada dip
- Hot cheesy corn dip
Queso Blanco Recipe
- 8 ounce block regular cream cheese , cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pound white american cheese , cut into 1/2 inch cubes (found in deli)
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 4 ounce can green chiles
- 1 Tablespoon jalapenos , minced fine (optional)
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 2-3 Tablespoons water
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro , chopped fine (optional for topping)
- In a slow cooker, combine the cream cheese, american cheese, butter, green chiles and jalapenos. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Stir the mixture until well combined and then add a Tablespoon of milk and water at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and combined.
- Keep cheese dip in the slow cooker on the warm setting until ready to serve. Top with chopped cilantro and jalapenos if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.