This greek pasta salad is full of rotini noodles, veggies, feta cheese and tossed in a red wine vinaigrette. A delicious and easy side dish recipe that’s perfect for summer.
Table of Contents
Easy Greek Pasta Salad
One of my favorite summer side dishes to bring to a BBQ is pasta salad. They’re always simple to make and the cold pasta tastes great on a hot day. This easy recipe combines the flavors of a classic pasta salad with my favorite Greek salad. It’s so delicious!
This Greek pasta salad is refreshing, full of color, and tossed with a red wine vinaigrette. All the flavors and texture in this salad come together so well and taste amazing together. It’s the perfect potluck salad to make for a big crowd and is always one of the first to go. You can also easily make it a main dish by mixing in some grilled chicken or serve alongside this greek meatball recipe. It is one of my favorites!
How to Make Greek Pasta Salad
PASTA. Cook the pasta according to directions, then run under cool water and drain.
DRESSING. While the pasta cooks, whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
TOSS. Combine noodles, veggies, olives and feta in a large bowl. Pour the dressing on top and mix until combined. Then chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Variations + Tips
- You can easily swap out or leave out the vegetables in this salad. I know many prefer kalamata olives instead of black.
- You can use a store bought Greek dressing or red wine vinaigrette for a quick option as well. Or make your own Greek salad dressing with a sprinkle of Greek seasoning to give it a little more flavor!
- You can use a different type of noodle. I prefer ones with grooves to help hold the dressing. Rotini, fusilli, bow ties or cavatappi are my favorite noodles to use. You could even use orzo.
- Make sure to salt your pasta water well while cooking. This will help add flavor to the dish.
Making in Advance
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it’s the perfect dish to make ahead of time. The veggies are on the crunchier side, which means they won’t get soggy sitting in the fridge when mixed with the dressing.
You can definitely make the salad a day or two in advance if preferred. Then before serving, make sure to give it a big stir. You may need to add in a little more vinaigrette if it has dried out a little from being refrigerated.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Italian pasta salad with tortellini
- Orzo salad with vinaigrette
- Pesto chicken salad
- Chicken caesar pasta salad
- Caprese pasta salad
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
- ½ pound rotini pasta
- 1 ½ cups grape or cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 cup diced cucumber , sliced and quartered
- ½ cup red or orange bell peppers , chopped
- ½ cup red onion , chopped
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ½ cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 2-3 Tablespoons Fresh parsley , chopped
Greek pasta salad dressing
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper , to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water while cooking the pasta. Run pasta under cool water and drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, mustard and oregano in a small bowl.
- Combine pasta, tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, red onion, olives, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle dressing over the pasta and stir until combined. Season salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve, to let the flavors marry. Toss just before serving.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
My favorite dish to take on a potluck! Quick, easy, and delicious!
It’s one of my potluck favorites too! :) Thanks for your comment and review, Deevy!
Soo good! Love all the fresh veggies and bright flavors
I love cold pasta salad on hot summer days. This one has so much flavor!
I’m so glad you hear you enjoyed it!
This was a great pasta salad and reminded me of my aunt’s pasta salad except she is Italian. Thanks for a great greek pasta salad that doesn’t use bottled dressing! This is a keeper.
I’m so glad you enjoyed it!
Such a simple and delicious pasta salad recipe! I’ll be making this on repeat all summer long!
I’m so glad to hear you like it! :)