It only takes three ingredients to make these yummy and healthy frozen yogurt granola berry bites. They are so refreshing during the hot summer months!
I always like to have a few healthy snacks on hand for when the kids want a quick snack. We love to have these yogurt bites stocked up, as well as homemade granola bars, energy balls and hard boiled eggs.
I don’t know about you, but one thing that I struggle with during the summer is having kids that want to snack all day long. Mine would be happy to eat popsicles all day every day, but I want something that is not only more nutritious, but that will actually keep them full for longer than a few minutes. These frozen yogurt granola berry bites are a win for both of us!
3 simple ingredients!
It only takes three ingredients to make these yummy snacks, just yogurt, granola and berries. They are really versatile, too. You can use different flavors of yogurt and different types of berries. You can even omit the granola and make simple yogurt berry bites. Have fun coming up with your favorite flavor combinations!
How to make yogurt granola bites
I used one of my favorite recipes for granola, but you can also use store bought. For this batch, I used vanilla yogurt with raspberries and blueberries. Strawberries would also be fantastic, or if you prefer, you could even use bananas and pineapple for a tropical twist. You really can’t go wrong. Just layer the ingredients in mini muffin tins, freeze and enjoy!
After they are completely frozen, I like to dip the bottom of the muffin pan in hot water for a few seconds. Then just pop them out and they’re ready to eat. You can even add fresh berries on top. Yum!
You can place the yogurt bites in a bowl and serve them right away, or you can store them in ziplock bags (or other airtight containers) in the freezer. Then just grab a few when you are ready for a yummy snack.
More frozen treats for summer:
- Healthy Homemade Popsicles
- Breakfast Popsicles
- Homemade Fudge Popsicles
- No Churn Ice Cream with Berries
Frozen Yogurt Granola Berry Bites
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/2 cup berries of your choice , diced
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- In a mini muffin pan, layer just over half of the granola. Divide berries evenly on top of the granola. Spoon a Tablespoon of yogurt into each cup. Tap the muffin pan on the counter a few times to remove air pockets. Sprinkle remaining granola on top. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Before serving, place bottom of pan in warm water for a few seconds. Use a plastic knife to pop out the yogurt bites. Serve within a few minutes, or place in ziplock bags and return to freezer.
Photography and recipe contributed by Creations By Kara for I Heart Naptime.