No bake energy balls
These no bake energy balls make the perfect breakfast, snack or even dessert. So delicious and only take 5 minutes and 5 ingredients to make!
My kids headed back to school this week, so it’s time to get back to the daily grind. My baby is almost 2 months now, so I’m definitely ready to start eating healthier and working out to start losing this baby weight. I don’t try to do any crazy diets while I’m nursing, but I do try to make healthier choices. I’m always on the look out for healthy snacks and these protein balls seem to be my go to when I’m craving something sweet. Not only are these peanut butter energy balls absolutely delicious, they’re a great source of protein. I love to grab them on the go when headed out or when I need a quick boost of energy in the afternoon. Much healthier than grabbing a candy bar ;)
These no bake energy bites are so easy to make and will come together in minutes. I like to start with these 5 base ingredients: peanut butter, oats, flaxseed, honey and chocolate chips. There are so many ways to customize these energy bites to your taste. You’ll simply mix the ingredients all together and then roll into balls. I like to place them in the freezer so they hold their shape. Then I put them in a zip top bag and store them in the freezer for when I need something quick to grab. My husband and kids love these too, which is a plus!
Energy ball variations
- Add in a scoop of protein powder or collagen for extra protein
- Add a Tablespoon or two of chia seeds for a boost in antioxidents
- Mix in 1/4 cup coconut and 1/4 cup dried cranberries in place of the chocolate chips
- Add in your favorite seeds such as pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Replace the peanut butter with almond or cashew butter
No bake energy balls
These no bake energy balls make the perfect breakfast, snack or even dessert. Only takes 5 minutes and 5 ingredients to make!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4- 1/2 cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips (can sub for dried cranberries)
- Optional: protein powder or collagen, splash of vanilla, pinch of salt, pinch of cinnamon, chia seeds
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine the old fashioned oats, peanut butter, honey, flax seed and chocolate chips. Stir until combined. Use a cookie scoop or Tablespoon and round them into balls. Place pan in the freezer until hard. Then store in a zip top bag or covered container.
Adapted from All Recipes
Looking for more easy breakfast or snack ideas? You’ll love these too: