Favorite no-bake homemade granola bars made with only 5 ingredients! A super easy granola bar recipe that you can customize with your favorite add-ins. Healthy, chewy and delicious!
I’m always looking for healthy snack ideas that are quick and easy to make. These homemade granola bars are my absolute favorite because they’re loaded with healthy ingredients and perfect for on-the-go. I’m also a big fan of smoothies and make them all the time for a healthy morning or afternoon snack.
No-bake granola bars
Growing up, my favorite snack was granola bars. I still love them to this day and probably have one every other day. They are just so easy to grab on-the-go. I also store them in my diaper bag for when the kids need a snack too!
My kids love this natural and HEALTHY granola bar recipe. They are chewy and full of delicious flavors! Much healthier than store bought too. They are also super easy to make with only 5 ingredients. Plus they only take about 5 minutes to whip up, which is perfect for busy mornings.
Only 5 ingredients!
Oats: I recommend using quick cooking oats for the best texture. Other types of oats may make the granola bars too chewy or hard.
Nut butter: You can use any type of nut butter, such as almond butter, peanut butter or cashew butter. The nut butter helps the granola bars stick together.
Almonds: I like to add in sliced almonds for extra crunch and protein. Other types of nuts would work too, like pecans or walnuts.
Chocolate chips: What’s a granola bar without chocolate chips?! :) I love the sweetness they add. I’ve found that the mini chocolate chips are just the right size to add in. For a healthier alternative, you could add in cacao nibs.
Honey: I recommend using honey (instead of maple syrup) because it’s thicker and helps the bars hold together. If using maple syrup, you might want to use less or boil it down since honey is thicker maple syrup.
Extras to add in:
- Chia seeds
- Dried fruit (like raisins or cranberries)
- Protein powder
- Sunflower seeds
- Shredded coconut
How to make granola bars
Scroll down for the printable homemade granola bar recipe and video tutorial.
- Stir together ingredients. Add all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined. Add more honey if needed to hold shape and salt and cinnamon, to taste.
- Press mixture into a pan. Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to fall over the edges. Press the oat mixture into the pan.
- Freeze until firm, the cut. Place in the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until firm. Remove paper from pan and then cut the large square in half. Then cut each half into 6 rectangles.
- Wrap and store. Wrap bars individually with parchment paper or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or freezer.
TIP: Looking for a preschool or play date snack? Cut the granola bars into mini squares and then place them in a mini cupcake liner. Cute, easy and healthy!
How long do they last?
These homemade granola bars are best if stored in the refrigerator and eaten within a week. To store, individually wrap each bar with parchment paper or plastic wrap and place in the fridge.
They’re freezer-friendly, too!
I also love to wrap the granola bars individually and then place them in a zip top bag in the freezer. I always write the date on with a permanent marker so that I know the expiration. Then we just pull them out when we need them. Great for quick snacks on-the-go!
Other healthy snacks:
- No-Bake Energy Balls
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- No-Bake Breakfast Cookies
- Lemon Coconut Energy Balls
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Homemade Granola
- Cereal Bars
Homemade Granola Bar Recipe
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup almond butter , or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey , more if needed
- Optional: salt and cinnamon , to taste
- Combine the oats, almond butter, almonds, chocolate chips and honey in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until well combined. Add more honey if needed to hold shape and salt and cinnamon, to taste.
- Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to fall over the edges. Press the oat mixture into the pan.
- Place in the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until firm. Remove paper from pan and then cut the large square in half. Then cut each half into 6 rectangles. Wrap bars individually with parchment paper or plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or freezer.