These no-bake cornflake cookies are made with 4 simple ingredients in just 30 minutes! Crunchy, chewy and full of peanut butter flavor.
These might win easiest cookie award. There’s no baking required and hardly any work involved. They’re similar to peanut butter no-bake cookies, but made with cornflakes instead of oats. They have the perfect crunch and the flavor is spot on.
These cornflake cookies are one of the easiest cookie recipes ever and taste so delicious! The simple everyday ingredients make this pantry recipe one of those staple go-to’s when you’re looking for something sweet or need a last minute dessert to take to a friends house.
Not so fancy in the kitchen? No problem! They’re no-bake and quickly made on the stove top…making it a recipe that even those who don’t consider themselves a pro in the kitchen can make!
Only 4 ingredients!
- Cornflakes: These give the cookies that amazing crunch.
- Peanut butter: The creamy type works best. If it’s a runny peanut butter, the consistency won’t turn out how it should.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar helps make the cookies sweet.
- Corn syrup: The stickiness of the corn syrup helps give them that delicious chewy texture. Make sure to use white corn syrup.
How to make cornflake cookies
- Add cornflakes to large bowl. To get started, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add 3 cups of corn flakes cereal to a large bowl.
- Cook peanut butter mixture. Next add sugar and syrup to a saucepan and cook over medium-heat until mixture begins to bubble. Then stir in peanut butter until dissolved.
- Stir together and shape. Once peanut butter mixture is smooth, pour over the cornflakes and gently stir until covered. Shape into small round balls and place on parchment paper to harden. Let cool for 15 to 25 minutes before enjoying.
If you’re in a big pinch, you can remove the whole stove top component completely and make them in the microwave. Just add the sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter in a large glass bowl (or 8 cup measuring bowl) and microwave for about 3-5 minutes until bubbly, stirring often. Then add in cornflakes and gently stir until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out the peanut butter mixture into even amounts. Then shape into balls with your hands.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for extra flavor.
- Drizzle some melted chocolate on top for an extra sweet touch!
- Add a piece of wax paper in between each layer of cookies so that they don’t stick together.
- I like to store my cookies in the fridge to make them extra chewy.
Storing + freezing
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or bag for up to 3 to 4 days. I personally prefer to store them in the fridge, which extends their shelf life even longer (about a week). You can also freeze them as well. Once they’ve hardened, just add them to a freezer bag or container and store in freezer for up to 1 month. When ready to enjoy, remove from freezer about 10 to 15 minutes beforehand.
More delicious no-bake treats:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add corn flakes cereal to a large bowl.
- Cook sugar and syrup in saucepan over medium-heat, until mixture bubbles. Then stir in peanut butter until dissolved and smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over corn flakes and gently stir until combined.
- Shape mixture into small round balls and place on parchment paper to harden, about 15 to 25 minutes.