Delicious warm tortillas stuffed with refried beans, meat and melty cheese. Add your favorite toppings and there you have it…a yummy Mexican pizza made in just minutes!
This is one of those easy recipes that allows everyone in the family to customize their own dinner. We set up an assembly line of toppings and each person can pick their favorites to add. For more easy customizable recipes, check out my navajo tacos, taco bowls and nachos.
These Mexican pizzas are so easy to make and completely delicious! The best thing about them is that everyone in your family can add their own toppings to customize to their liking. Add salsa, cilantro, avocado and more…there are so many topping options to make this recipe your own!
With these Mexican pizzas, dinner is done in just 15 minutes! You seriously can’t beat that. And not only are they a yummy and quick dinner option, but they are perfect for lunch too! They are definitely my new lunch obsession…I can’t get enough of them.
How to make a Mexican pizza
- Warm tortillas. Place tortillas on a lined baking sheet or pizza pan and warm in oven at 400ºF for about 3 minutes.
- Make bean mixture. While the tortillas warm, heat the beans in pan over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes. Then mix in 3 Tablespoons salsa, taco seasoning and salt.
- Assemble. Take the tortillas out of the oven and place 5 of them in a line. Spread the bean mixture on top of the 5 tortillas, then add cheese, meat and another tortilla on top. Spread salsa over the top tortilla and then sprinkle on some more cheese.
- Bake. Bake the pizzas until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Top and enjoy. Remove from oven and add your favorite toppings. Slice into 4 pieces. Enjoy!
The beauty of this recipe is that you can easily make it your own! I used flour tortillas, black bean refried beans, mild salsa, cheese and chicken for the base. Feel free to customize these base ingredients, such as using hot salsa, regular refried beans or taco meat.
Then once it’s done baking, add any of the delicious toppings below:
- Sour cream
More easy Mexican dishes:
- One Pot Burrito Bowls
- Mexican Lasagna
- Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna
- Taco Pockets
Mexican Pizza Recipe
Optional toppings: tomatoes, sliced olives, diced avocado, sour cream or plain greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, salsa, jalapenos & corn
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil or use a pizza pan. Place the tortillas on the pan and warm them in the oven for 3 minutes.
- While the tortillas are cooking, heat the beans in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 3 Tablespoons of salsa, taco seasoning and salt. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove tortillas from the oven and spread the beans onto the top side of 5 tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese, add meat if desired and then top with another tortilla. Spread salsa on top of the tortilla and then add cheese. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with desired toppings then cut into 4 slices.