15-Minute Mexican Pizza- a dish the whole family will love! Delicious Warm tortillas stuffed with refried beans, meat and melty cheese. Add your favorite toppings and there you have it…a Yummy Mexican Pizza made in just minutes!
Mexican Pizza Recipe
These Mexican Pizzas are so easy to make and completely delicious! The best thing about them is that everyone in your family can add their own toppings to customize to their liking. Add salsa, cilantro, avocado and more…there are so many topping options to make the Mexican Pizza recipe your own! With these Mexican Pizzas, dinner is done in just 15 minutes! You seriously can’t beat that. And not only are they a yummy & quick dinner option, but they are perfect for lunch too! These Mexican Pizzas are definitely my new lunch obsession…I can’t get enough of them.
For this Mexican Pizza recipe, I used the Old El Paso 6-inch flour tortillas, black bean refried beans and salsa. I used mild salsa for these since my kids don’t love things super spicy, but you could definitely use a medium or hot, depending on your preference. This is one of my favorite Old El Paso recipes and is definitely a go-to when I’m looking for a super simple and quick dinner or lunch option. It doesn’t get much easier than this Mexican Pizza!
Toppings to add to your Mexican Pizza
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
So yummy and completely customizable with all of your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Love this Mexican Pizza recipe? You’ll like these other Mexican dishes too:
- One pot burrito bowls
- Green chile chicken enchiladas
- 50 Mexican food recipes
- Restaurant style salsa
- Homemade tortilla chips
Mexican Pizza Recipe
- 10 6-inch Old El Paso flour tortillas
- 16 ounces black bean refried beans (1 can)
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup salsa (more if needed)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cup cooked meat (I used shredded rotisserie chicken)
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: tomatoes, sliced olives, diced avocado, sour cream or plain greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, salsa, jalepenos & corn
- Pre-heat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil or use a pizza pan. Place the tortillas on the pan and warm them in the oven for 3 minutes.
- While the tortillas are cooking, heat the beans in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in 3 Tablespoons of salsa, taco seasoning and salt. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove tortillas from the oven and spread the beans onto the top side of 5 tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese, add meat if desired and then top with another tortilla. Spread salsa on top of the tortilla and then add cheese. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top Mexican Pizzas with desired toppings then cut into 4 slices.