Slow cooker chicken taco bowls with cilantro lime rice… a super-yummy and easy recipe! Easy to make in the slow cooker, and dinner is ready when you are!
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday! It’s back to the daily grind. Today I’m sharing a super yummy recipe: Taco chicken bowls!
Today’s post is an oldie but a goodie reposted! This is one of our favorite meals to make and is on our monthly (sometimes weekly rotation).
These chicken taco salad bowls are delish and my whole family loves them!
My husband even declared them his new FAVORITE dish. Now that’s saying something. I think I’ll be adding this meal to my menu again this month. Speaking of… would you guys like me to post my menu’s again?
Why I Love These Chicken Taco Bowls…
- You can throw it all in a crock pot (in less than 5 minutes).
- It’s some-what healthy!
- You can use brown rice or quinoa to make it healthier.
- You can freeze the leftovers. Just place the chicken in a freezer zip lock bag and pull it out when you need a quick meal.
- The leftover shredded chicken also works great in tacos or burritos!
- You can customize with your favorite toppings.
- My kids love them (which is the main reason I love to make these so often).
Taco Bowl Recipe
Slow cooker chicken taco bowls with cilantro lime rice
- 1 1/2 lb chicken I used 4 frozen chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt more to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
- 1/2 lime juiced about 1/2 TB
- Optional toppings: avocado salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro
Cilantro Lime Rice:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked white long rice
- juice and zest 1 large lime
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a large crock pot and pour water and salsa over the chicken. Next add in chili powder, cumin, salt, garlic, lime juice, black beans and corn. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4, or until chicken easily shreds. Is using fresh chicken it should only take 3 hours on high and 4-6 on low.
- Make the rice: In a skillet melt butter with rice. Add the chicken broth and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Add more chili powder and salt if desired.
- Serve chicken over rice. Optional: top with cheese, avocados, sour cream and serve with tortilla chips.
Enjoy!! Let me know how you like it.
You’ll love these too:
Hope you guys are having a happy new year! xo