Today I’m sharing this super yummy dish: Mexican lasagna. My all time favorite food is Mexican. I could eat it every single night! So I decided to take one of my favorite recipes, taco soup, and turn it into lasagna! I used a lot of the same ingredients and it turned out so yummy. It has the such a great flavor! My hubs raved about it the whole night! Score!
- 12 corn tortillas (small)
- 1 green bell pepper (core removed and diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (core removed and diced)
- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 10 oz Rotel diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef (could also use ground turkey or shredded chicken)
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 15 oz black beans (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 15 oz pinto beans (1 can, drained and rinsed)
- 15 oz corn (1 can, drained)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Optional Toppings: sour cream, olives, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Brown hamburger in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add in onions and peppers and cook for about 3 minutes. Next add in rotel and salsa and stir until combined. Cook for another 3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- In your 9×13 pan layer 6 tortillas (they will overlap). Then sprinkle about 1/2 cup of cheese on the tortillas. Next layer half of the hamburger mixture and then half of the corn and beans. Add another 6 tortillas on top and repeat with the hamburger, beans and corn. Add the rest of the cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Top with sour cream, olives and cilantro.
This Mexican lasagna is really easy to make and is definitely a crowd pleaser! Mmm… want a bite? ;)
Looking for more Mexican recipes? Check out these:
Restaurant style salsa -the best!