These mini egg frittata muffins are full of protein and veggies and are less than 100 calories each! They’re great for Whole30, 21-Day Fix or Paleo diets. So easy and delicious!
Table of Contents
Healthy Grab and Go Breakfast
I love to have easy and healthy breakfast options on hand for busy mornings. These egg frittata muffins are a favorite, as well as scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, overnight oats, no-bake breakfast cookies and healthy chocolate muffins.
I started making these mini egg frittatas back when I did my first round of Whole30 and have been making them at least once a month ever since.
While I love to make a big frittata recipe, this mini version makes the perfect grab and go breakfast for crazy mornings because they can be made ahead of time. Sometimes I’ll even double the batch so that we have them on hand for the whole week.
You can easily customize them with your favorite veggies and meats, but our favorite combination is the sweet bell peppers with ground sausage. We also love to serve them with fresh fruit and top with salsa. So healthy and delicious!
Why I Love Them
- Whole30 approved. The perfect Whole30 breakfast! All ingredients are Whole30 approved (double check labels!).
- Great for meal prep. Make a big batch to enjoy throughout the week. A great grab & go breakfast!
- Freezer-friendly. Freeze and thaw for an easy, quick and healthy breakfast!
- Customizable: Add all your favorite veggies and meats. You can’t go wrong with any combination!
- Packed with protein. You’ll stay full for longer with these mini frittatas! The eggs and meat add a great source of protein.
What are Frittatas Made of?
What I love about these muffin tin eggs are how easy they are to customize. Use the same egg base, but easily swap out the veggies and meats depending on what you have on hand.
- Eggs: I love to whisk together 6 large eggs and 6 large egg whites. If you would prefer not to use egg whites, simply whisk together 10 large eggs.
- Seasonings: I typically keep it simple and just use salt and pepper, but you could also add a dash of garlic powder, paprika or cumin.
- Veggies: Feel free to use veggies of choice! My go-to’s are chopped bell peppers, onion and spinach, although diced cooked potatoes, broccoli or zucchini would taste delicious.
- Meat: I like to switch up the meat based on what I have on hand. Crumbled breakfast sausage, bacon or diced ham all work great.
How to Make Mini Frittatas
- Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a non-stick or silicone muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Whisk eggs and add in remaining ingredients. Whisk the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Then add in peppers, onions, spinach, cooked sausage and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour into muffin tin. Pour mixture into each muffin cup, leaving about 1/4″ from the top.
- Cook frittatas. Cook in the oven for 23-30 minutes, or until egg has puffed up and comes clean with a toothpick.
- Remove and enjoy! Run a knife around the edges to pop the egg frittatas out. Enjoy while hot!
TIP: A silicone muffin pan will be your best friend when making these! I’ve found that they tend to stick less. However still definitely make sure you spray the silicone tin with nonstick spray!
How Do You Tell if Baked Eggs are Done?
When the frittatas are done, they will have puffed up and should be solid to touch. And when you wiggle the muffin tin, the eggs shouldn’t move and there should be no liquid.
You can also test with a toothpick as well. Simply poke a toothpick in the center of one of them. The toothpick should come out clean with no egg residue on the sides.
How to Store Mini Egg Frittatas
- Fridge: Store in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Freeze: Wrap individually in plastic wrap or foil, then place in a freezer bag. Store in freezer for up to 1 month.
- To reheat: If frozen, defrost in the fridge overnight. Reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until warm throughout.
5 star review
“These are easy to make and delicious. I use the latter method (no pre cooking). The serving size is nice, and they are easy to keep for the next few days.”– Dave
More Breakfast IdeasBrowse all
Mini Egg Frittatas
- 6 large eggs
- 6 large egg whites , or use 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup bell peppers , chopped
- ½ cup onion , chopped
- 1 cup spinach , chopped
- 1 cup cooked crumbled breakfast sausage , bacon or diced ham
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick or silicone muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Whisk together the eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Add in chopped bell peppers, onion, spinach, cooked breakfast sausage and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into each muffin tip cup, leaving about 1/4″ from the top.
- Cook for 23 to 30 minutes, or until the egg has puffed and comes clean with a toothpick. Run a knife around the edges to pop them out. Enjoy while hot.
- All meat should be precooked before adding to egg mixture.
- To make without meat, try substituting mushrooms.
- For a yummy addition, mix in 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!