Start your morning off right with this light and fluffy egg white omelette. It’s super flavorful, low in fat and packed with protein and nutrients.
This recipe proves that egg whites don’t have to be bland and boring! The end result is just as fluffy and flavorful as a traditional omelette, but with less fat and lower cholesterol. The added veggies, meat and cheese pack a punch of flavor and will leave your taste buds doing a happy dance in your mouth.
This recipe comes from my Dad. He made it for me when visiting last and this egg white omelette has been on rotation ever since. He fills his to the brim with vegetables and the swiss cheese melts it all together. Instead of using the whole egg with the yolk, I like to use egg whites to cut back on fat and cholesterol. It’s an easy swap that doesn’t skimp on flavor or taste.
What I love about making omelettes is that they’re perfect for cleaning out the fridge. You can basically use any type of veggies or meat that you have on hand. I sometimes get bored with just plain scrambled eggs, so the addition of the veggies and meat make all the difference.
This healthy egg white omelette is lower in calories but high in protein, keeping you fuller for longer throughout the morning. It’s definitely the perfect breakfast option to jump start your day with!
How to make a fluffy egg white omelette
- Sauté. Start by cooking the veggies and meat in a skillet over medium heat until tender. I like to use an 8-inch nonstick skillet for best results. Then push the vegetables over to one side of the pan.
- Pour. Lower the heat to medium-low and slowly pour the egg whites into the empty side of the skillet. Twirl the pan so the eggs run all around the surface of the pan (even under the vegetables). Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the veggies and add any extra seasonings. Cook until the egg whites have bubbled and cooked underneath.
- Flip. Turn off the heat, then use a spatula to carefully flip the egg over the vegetables. Transfer the omelette to a plate and add favorite toppings of choice!
- Veggies. Any type of veggies will work. Spinach, mushrooms, potatoes, asparagus, zucchini, peppers and onions all taste delicious.
- Meat. You can keep it meatless, or add in sausage, bacon or even leftover baked ham from the holidays.
- Spices. The options are endless! Add in garlic powder, onion powder, a dash of red pepper flakes or even some everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Toppings: Our favorites are diced tomatoes, hot sauce and parmesan cheese. Sliced avocado, salsa and cilantro also tastes amazing.
More easy breakfast recipes:
Egg White Omelette
- olive oil spray
- 1/3 cup egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 - 1 cup mixed vegetables (can do mushrooms, spinach, potatoes, asparagus, etc.)
- 1/4 cup meat (sausage, bacon or ham)
- 2-4 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese (or 1-2 slices swiss cheese)
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes (diced)
Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
For topping: hot sauce and parmesan cheese
- Spray an 8-inch pan with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add in the onions and bell peppers and any extra vegetables and meat if desired. Cook until bell peppers and onions are tender and then push vegetables to one side.
- Turn heat to medium-low and then spray the other half with olive oil. Then slowly pour in the egg whites. Twirl the pan so the egg whites run all around the pan and under the vegetables. Add cheese on top of the vegetables and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Then cook until the egg whites have bubbled and cooked underneath.
- Turn the heat off. Then carefully flip the egg over the vegetables with a spatula (or two).
- Place omelette on plate and top with tomatoes and hot sauce if desired. Sprinkle on a little parmesan cheese if desired. Serve while hot.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!