One Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta made in 30 minutes!
Tender chunks of ham and chicken combined with flavorful Swiss cheese make this One Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta a truly spectacular meal.
One Pan meals, like my Cheesy Smoked Sausage Pasta, are a staple in our home. As a single parent with two busy kids, I’m always looking for ways to get dinner on the table quickly and with as little mess as possible – my kids make enough of a mess on their own! So one pan meals are a great way to cut down on dishes and save my sanity.
This Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta is about as easy as they come.
Start by heating some olive oil in a 12″, oven-safe skillet, then add garlic and diced chicken breast. You’re just searing the chicken, not cooking it all the way through.
Next you’ll add the cooked and diced ham, dry pasta, water, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Stir it up to combine the flavors and bring it to a boil.
The type of pasta isn’t important, as long as it’s small. I love the way cheeses cling to the Rotini (spiral noodles), so that’s usually my pasta of choice for one pan meals.
Once the water is boiling, cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Set your timer for 20 minutes and walk away. See? I told you it was easy!
Now comes the fun part – the CHEESE! Cheese makes everything better, right? There will be liquid left in the pan but that’s ok – you need that to help make the sauce. If you’re a garlic lover like me, you can add another teaspoon of minced garlic here, but it’s optional. Toss some sliced or shredded Swiss Cheese in the pan and stir it up really well until all the cheese is melted. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top and place the pan under the broiler for about five minutes.
One Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 cup of diced cooked ham like from a ham steak
- 2 1/2 cups small dry pasta (like Rotini)
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Swiss Cheese sliced of shredded
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a 12″ skillet. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then add the chicken. Saute for a couple of minutes just until browned, but not cooked through.
- Add diced ham, pasta, water, salt and pepper, and garlic, onion and mustard powders. Stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat (there will still be liquid in the pan) and add Swiss cheese, stirring until completely melted. Top with breadcrumb mixture and place under the broiler for about five minutes, careful not to let it burn.
- Serve hot.