This ONE POT cheesy enchilada pasta recipe is so simple and completely delicious. It’s done in 30 minutes from start to finish and is a family favorite!
My husband and I absolutely LOVE enchiladas. That was the first dish I made as a married couple and I’ve made them hundreds of time since. While my kids are still not so sure about them, they absolutely loved this enchilada pasta. My daughter even asked for seconds the last time I made it. I was shocked! That may have been a parenting win. I’ll take one wherever I can get it ;)
This pasta is the perfect meal to make on busy weeknights, when you need something quick. It uses ingredients you probably already have in the pantry and is made using only ONE pot, just like my burrito bowls. Less dishes are always a good thing, right?!
Just look at all that cheesy goodness. YUM! This pasta is great loaded up with toppings as well. I love the flavor addition of cilantro.
ONE POT Cheesy Enchilada Pasta
- 1 pound lean hamburger
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 (4.5 ounces) 4.5-ounce can chopped green chiles
- 2 (10 ounces) 10-ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounces) 14.5-ounce can chicken broth
- 1/2 pound ziti noodles about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- Optional toppings: tomatoes avocados, sour cream, cilantro, olives, green onions
- Cook the hamburger in a large skillet over medium heat until browned. Stir in the onions, green chiles and taco seasoning and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in enchilada sauce and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then stir in the noodles and bring the heat to low. Stir and then cover. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked. Stir halfway through to prevent the noodles from sticking.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and 1/2 cups cheese. Then sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top and cover with the lid until melted.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
Looking for more Mexican dishes? You’ll love these too: