Graham cracker toffee is a popular holiday treat that is crunchy, crispy, sweet, and chocolatey. It is so easy to make and completely addicting!
5-Ingredient Graham Cracker Toffee
Graham cracker toffee is a yummy variation of my favorite saltine cracker toffee (also known as Christmas crack). It’s like an easier version of homemade toffee that tastes just as delicious! Who doesn’t love a shortcut around one of the busiest times of the year?!
They’re one of the best holiday desserts to make because they come together so quickly on one tray with just 5 ingredients in 30 minutes! A single layer of graham cracker sheets, followed by melted toffee and finished with a layer of chocolate on top!
Toppings to Add to Graham Cracker Toffee Crack
- Sweet: Toffee bits, health bar, M&M candies, crushed candy canes, sprinkles, or candied nuts.
- Salty: Pretzels, coarse salt, or salted nuts.
- Nutty: Toasted pecans, walnuts, or slivered almonds are great.
Tip: For a different flavor profile so popular around the holidays, try my peppermint graham cracker toffee. It makes a great gift too!
Tips for Success
- Cookies, not crumbs. Don’t substitute graham cracker crumbs for the crackers. You want big pieces of cracked cookies!
- Pan size. This recipe calls for a jelly roll pan or large baking sheet, but to make half the recipe, you can use a half sheet pan.
- Line the baking sheet. Use foil and make sure to spray with a nonstick spray for easier cleanup.
- Using an offset spatula. It makes spreading an even layer of melted toffee and chocolate easier.
- Additional toppings. If you want to add anything to the chocolate layer, make sure to add them while the melted chocolate is still warm.
Once set, cooled, and cracked, store them in an airtight freezer-friendly container and keep them frozen for up to 3 months. They’re amazing to eat straight out of the freezer!
These Make Wonderful Gifts!
They travel well, so giving them to friends, family, and neighbors is a great idea. Just wrap in cellophane and tie with a ribbon. It’s as easy as that! FYI, Santa also appreciates them with his glass of milk. :)
More Holiday Favorites:
Graham Cracker Toffee
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 15 graham crackers , full sheets
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds , or pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large (11×15") jelly roll pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray and then line the pan with graham crackers.
- Place the butter and sugar in a medium-sized pot over medium-low heat. Stir until the butter is melted. Once the butter has melted, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Then let simmer for for 3 minutes.
- Once it’s nice and bubbly and changed to more of a caramel color, remove pan from heat and pour evenly over crackers. Spread mixture with a knife, however it doesn’t have to be perfect. Try to move fast during this part so the toffee doesn’t harden. Place pan in the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly. Place chocolate chips immediately on top and allow to sit for a few minutes until softened. Then use a spatula to spread.
- Sprinkle crushed nuts on top if desired. Then place in the freezer for 15 minute to cool. Once chocolate has hardened, break pieces off the foil and place in a container.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!