Graham cracker toffee is a popular holiday treat that is crunchy, crispy, sweet, and chocolatey. It is so easy to make and completely addicting!
Table of Contents
5-Ingredient Graham Cracker Toffee
Graham cracker toffee is a yummy variation of my favorite saltine cracker toffee (also known as Christmas crack). It’s like an easier version of homemade toffee that tastes just as delicious! Who doesn’t love a shortcut around one of the busiest times of the year?!
They’re one of the best holiday desserts to make because they come together so quickly on one tray with just 5 ingredients in 30 minutes! A single layer of graham cracker sheets, followed by melted toffee, and finished with a layer of chocolate on top!
Only five ingredients are all it takes to make these delicious graham cracker toffee treats! When you need a quick treat to make, these are just what you need! It is quick and easy to make full of sweet and savory flavors layered together!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Butter: Since there is no salt added to the ingredients, salted butter will work to balance out the sugars.
- Brown sugar: For a sweeter taste I used light brown sugar. If you like a richer flavoring use dark brown sugar.
- Graham crackers: You will want to keep them in the full sheet and not break them up until they are baked together.
- Chocolate chips: Choose your favorite type of chocolate chips and melt them on top as one of the layers. I used semi-sweet but any will do!
- Almonds: Slivered almonds or chopped pecans work great!
How to Make Homemade Graham Cracker Toffee
These graham cracker toffee treats are so delicious you will be making another batch just for you to have a bite! Every bite is a little different and better than before. They are so good and addicting!
- Prepare pan. Line a large jelly roll pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray and then line the pan with graham crackers.
- Boil. Place the butter and sugar in a medium-sized pot over medium-low heat. Stir until the butter is melted. Once the butter has melted, bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Then let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spread over top. Once it’s nice and bubbly and changed to more of a caramel color, remove the pan from heat and pour evenly over the crackers. Spread the mixture with a knife, however, it doesn’t have to be perfect. Try to move fast during this part so the toffee doesn’t harden. Place pan in the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Bake and add toppings. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly. Place chocolate chips immediately on top and allow to sit for a few minutes until softened. Then use a spatula to spread.
Toppings to Add to Graham Cracker Toffee Crack
There are so many variations for this easy grapham cracker toffee. Make it sweet, salty, or nutty! All these combinations are a great variety of the ways you can enjoy this toffee crack.
- Sweet: Toffee bits, health bar, M&M candies, crushed candy canes, sprinkles, or candied nuts.
- Salty: Pretzels, coarse salt, or salted nuts.
- Nutty: Toasted pecans, walnuts, or slivered almonds are great.
Tip: For a different flavor profile so popular around the holidays, try my peppermint graham cracker toffee. It makes a great gift too!
Tips for Success
Here are some helpful tips to make your toffee easier and even better! You will how how much these tips can create the best graham cracker toffee for you. Follow these guidlines to know extactly what you can do to make this treat perfect every time!
- Cookies, not crumbs. Don’t substitute graham cracker crumbs for the crackers. You want big pieces of cracked cookies!
- Pan size. This recipe calls for a jelly roll pan or large baking sheet, but to make half the recipe, you can use a half-sheet pan.
- Line the baking sheet. Use foil and make sure to spray with a nonstick spray for easier cleanup.
- Using an offset spatula. It makes spreading an even layer of melted toffee and chocolate easier.
- Additional toppings. If you want to add anything to the chocolate layer, make sure to add them while the melted chocolate is still warm.
Once set, cooled, and cracked, store them in an airtight freezer-friendly container and keep them frozen for up to 3 months. They’re amazing to eat straight out of the freezer!
These Make Wonderful Gifts!
They travel well, so giving them to friends, family, and neighbors is a great idea. Just wrap it in cellophane wrap and tie it with a ribbon. It’s as easy as that! FYI, Santa also appreciates them with his glass of milk.
More Holiday Favorites
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Graham Cracker Toffee
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 15 graham crackers , full sheets
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped almonds , or pecans
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large (11×15") jelly roll pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray and then line the pan with graham crackers.
- Place the butter and sugar in a medium-sized pot over medium-low heat. Stir until the butter is melted. Once the butter has melted, bring it to a simmer over medium heat. Then let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Once it’s nice and bubbly and changed to more of a caramel color, remove the pan from heat and pour evenly over the crackers. Spread the mixture with a knife, however, it doesn’t have to be perfect. Try to move fast during this part so the toffee doesn’t harden. Place pan in the oven and bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly. Place chocolate chips immediately on top and allow to sit for a few minutes until softened. Then use a spatula to spread.
- Sprinkle crushed nuts on top if desired. Then place in the freezer for 15 minutes to cool. Once the chocolate has hardened, break pieces off the foil and place them in a container.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
The absolute best!!!! Thank you :)
So glad to hear! Glad you enjoyed the graham cracker toffee!
This was so quick & easy to make & my family loves it. It would be a great little gift idea for a friend or neighbor…we’re bringing it to a Christmas party 🎄❤️
So glad your family enjoyed it!!
We made this last night and it is so good! Love the crunch. Topped with mini m and m’a for a festive look.
So glad you enjoyed the graham cracker toffee! Thanks for your review :)
Made it for Christmas Eve & everyone loved it! Thank you
So happy to hear that! :)
Oh my goodness, this graham cracker toffee was freaking amazing! I cannot wait to make it again. I can’t believe how fast my family worked through a batch! 😂
So happy to hear it was a hit with your fam, Andrea!
This was so good! My kids couldn’t stop eating this! Such a delicious treat!
I’m so glad you enjoyed it :)
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing graham cracker toffee recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!