A Pizookie is a big, warm chocolate chip cookie pizza that’s topped with ice cream, chocolate chips and hot fudge. Crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside. This cookie skillet is one of our all-time favorite desserts!
Giant Cookie Pizza
If you’re looking for an easy dessert, this pizookie recipe is perfect for you! It’s so simple to make and tastes absolutely incredible. While we love our congo bars, chocolate chip pudding cookies, and classic chocolate chip cookies, sometimes it’s nice to make one BIG cookie to share!
Over the weekend, we made one of our favorite desserts: the pizookie (also known as a cookie pizza or skillet cookie). If you’ve tried one at Oregano’s or BJ’s before, you know how delicious they are. Just imagine eating a big, warm chocolate chip skillet cookie that’s topped with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and chocolate chips. It’s SO heavenly and tastes absolutely amazing!
Luckily this pizookie recipe is super easy to recreate at home! Trust me, we would know…we make them all the time. :) It only takes a few simple ingredients and bakes up perfectly every time. The end result is a warm, soft and gooey giant cookie that’s full of delicious chocolate flavor. I am drooling just thinking about it!
Why is it called pizookie?
It’s simply a hybrid term that combines the two words “pizza” and “cookie.” It’s included on the menu at both Oregano’s and BJ’s and is served in a large cast iron skillet. It’s essentially a big cookie pizza that’s warm, gooey and usually topped with ice cream and chocolate chips. Another name for it is skillet cookie or cookie pizza. After one bite, you’ll totally understand the hype around this delicious dessert!
How to make a pizookie
- Prepare the dough: You can make your own favorite cookie dough or use store-bought dough…both work great!
- Place in skillet: Press dough firmly into 10″ cast iron skillet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until just barely crisp on the outside and gooey on the inside.
- Add toppings: Top with ice cream, hot fudge and chocolate chips. Serve while warm!
- Making Individual size: We like to use ramekin pans, mini foil pie or bread pans. Just scoop your cookie dough in and flatten about 1/2-1″ thick. Then bake at 350°F for about 6-8 minutes, or until just barely brown on the edges but gooey in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple minutes. Then you’re ready to top them off and serve while warm!
- Don’t over bake: This is probably the most important tip. Take out while it still look underdone in middle. I’ve over baked mine and it’s just not the same. The best part about a pizookie is the gooey center.
- Customize: You can add in your favorite mix in’s. Swap out the chocolate chips for M&M’s, white chocolate chips, crushed oreos (or do half and half).
- Make it easy: When you don’t have much time, pick up some Nestle cookie dough from the store and use that.
More cookie recipes:
Optional: Hot fudge for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cookie dough according to directions or use pre-made dough.
- Press dough firmly into a 8 or 10" cast iron skillet. I like to add extra chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until barely crisp around the edges but still gooey on the inside.
- Top with vanilla ice cream, chocolate chips and hot fudge. Serve while warm.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Definitely make an excuse to make this this weekend! You won’t be disappointed. YUM!