Healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies made with just 3 simple ingredients! Absolutely no sugar, butter or flour added and only 50 calories per cookie!
I love to have a bunch of healthy snack ideas in my back pocket. These cookies are a favorite because they’re quick, easy and delicious. Some of my other top picks are homemade granola bars, chocolate peanut butter protein balls, smoothies and overnight oats.
While I love a classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, sometimes I’m looking for a cleaner alternative that isn’t loaded with sugar, butter and flour. Queue these healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! They’re made with a ripe banana, oats and cinnamon and are the perfect treat that you can feel good about enjoying!
My family ate these cookies literally seconds after I snapped the picture. They never would have guessed there was no sugar added and only 50 calories per cookie. I’m so sneaky! ;)
Reasons to love them:
- No sugar added. Absolutely no sugar used. Ripe bananas are the natural sweetener.
- 3 ingredients. Only 3 simple ingredients needed: bananas, oats and cinnamon.
- 50 calories. Each cookie is just 50 calories! Enjoy your cookies guilt-free. :)
- One bowl. Only one bowl and spoon to make these easy healthy oatmeal cookies.
- 5 minutes prep. Just 5 quick minutes to mix the ingredients together and place on a baking sheet. So easy!
Only 3 ingredients!
- Banana: Ripe bananas are sweeter, which is important since this recipe doesn’t use any sugar. So make sure your banana is ripe enough!
- Oats: This recipe calls for quick oats, which have a finer consistency than old fashioned oats. They also cook a little faster.
- Cinnamon: I love to add cinnamon for extra flavor. You don’t need a lot, only about 1/8 teaspoon. You can always add more if you want!
How to make healthy oatmeal cookies
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Mash banana. In a medium-sized bowl, mash the banana. Then mix in salt and cinnamon.
- Mix in oats. Stir in oats and any other desired add-in’s. Mix until combined.
- Bake cookies. Place dough onto greased cookie sheet by the spoonful, then bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
While the healthy oatmeal cookies taste great as-is, we sometimes include other ingredients to give them an extra boost of flavor. Our personal favorites are chocolate chips or chopped pecans. Yum!
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Dried cranberries
- Peanut butter
- Protein powder
More healthy snacks:
- No-Bake Breakfast Cookies
- Blender Oatmeal Muffins
- Almond Joy Energy Bites
- Cereal Bars
- Lemon Coconut Energy Balls
- Chocolate Chip Protein Balls
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Optional mix ins: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried cranberries, scoop of protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium-sized bowl, mash banana. Mix in salt and cinnamon. Then stir in oats and any desired add-in's. Mix until combined.
- Place the dough onto a greased cookie sheet by the spoonful. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Enjoy!! What are your favorite healthy treats? Share in the comments!