Healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies made with just 3 simple ingredients! Absolutely no sugar, butter or flour added and only 50 calories per cookie!
Table of Contents
Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love to have a bunch of healthy snack ideas in my back pocket. These cookies are a favorite because they’re quick, easy and delicious. Some of my other top picks are homemade granola bars, chocolate peanut butter protein balls, smoothies and overnight oats.
While I love a classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, sometimes I’m looking for a cleaner alternative that isn’t loaded with sugar, butter and flour. Queue these healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! They’re made with a ripe banana, oats and cinnamon and are the perfect treat that you can feel good about enjoying!
My family ate these cookies literally seconds after I snapped the picture. They never would have guessed there was no sugar added and only 50 calories per cookie. I’m so sneaky! ;)
Reasons to Love Them
- No sugar added. Absolutely no sugar used. Ripe bananas are the natural sweetener.
- 3 ingredients. Only 3 simple ingredients needed: bananas, oats and cinnamon.
- 50 calories. Each cookie is just 50 calories! Enjoy your cookies guilt-free. :)
- One bowl. Only one bowl and spoon to make these easy healthy oatmeal cookies.
- 5 minutes prep. Just 5 quick minutes to mix the ingredients together and place on a baking sheet. So easy!
Only 3 Ingredients!
- Banana: Ripe bananas are sweeter, which is important since this recipe doesn’t use any sugar. So make sure your banana is ripe enough!
- Oats: This recipe calls for quick oats, which have a finer consistency than old fashioned oats. They also cook a little faster.
- Cinnamon: I love to add cinnamon for extra flavor. You don’t need a lot, only about 1/8 teaspoon. You can always add more if you want!
How to Make Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Mash banana. In a medium-sized bowl, mash the banana. Then mix in salt and cinnamon.
- Mix in oats. Stir in oats and any other desired add-in’s. Mix until combined.
- Bake cookies. Place dough onto greased cookie sheet by the spoonful, then bake for 12-15 minutes until golden.
While the healthy oatmeal cookies taste great as-is, we sometimes include other ingredients to give them an extra boost of flavor. Our personal favorites are chocolate chips or chopped pecans. Yum!
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Dried cranberries
- Peanut butter
- Protein powder
More Healthy Snacks
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup quick oats
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
Optional mix ins: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/4 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried cranberries, scoop of protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium-sized bowl, mash banana. Mix in salt and cinnamon. Then stir in oats and any desired add-in's. Mix until combined.
- Place the dough onto a greased cookie sheet by the spoonful. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Enjoy!! What are your favorite healthy treats? Share in the comments!
Just made these. Seriously, they just came out of the oven and I’ve already eaten more than half….and still eating as I write this review. I got six cookies with the measurements listed in the recipe. I added some PBFit powder (just a teaspoon), and about a teaspoon of Stevia. They were delicious and I loved the texture. This is a great alternative for me since I a prefer a low sugar/low carb diet. I will definitely make these again!! :)))
I’m so happy to hear that you loved them, Jennifer! Peanut butter powder sounds like a wonderful addition!
Wow! I added peanut butter and dark chocolate chunks (because, why wouldn’t I). These cookies were fantastic. I’m glad I tripled the recipe. There was no need to add sweetener, they were delicious. Thanks for the recipe!
Adding peanut butter and dark chocolate chunks sounds delicious! I’ll have to try it some time :)
Very good, I added vanilla, chocolate chips and walnuts.