Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie – A chocolate chip cookie baked in a pie crust that’s filled with caramel. So easy to make and takes only 3 ingredients. Everyone will go crazy over this gooey cookie pie!
This chocolate chip pie is one of the easiest recipes ever. It’s so delicious and is a big family favorite. My family also loves my chocolate silk pie, coconut cream pie, banana cream pie and s’mores pie.
Chocolate chip pie
This chocolate chip cookie pie is SO easy to make and is a family favorite! My kids don’t especially love pie so I always make this one for the kids and they absolutely LOVE it. The adults always end up grabbing a slice too, because who can resist a chocolate chip cookie baked in a pie crust that is filled with caramel? Not me!
For this chocolate chip pie, I usually don’t make it from scratch since I’m usually busy making the pumpkin pie and razzleberry pie. All you need is 3 simple ingredients: a store-bought pie ready made crust, store-bought cookie dough and a can of dulce de leche. This is the PERFECT pie for beginners and your kids could even make it while you’re making the homemade pies or rolls.
The best part about this cookie pie is that it can be made year round! If you have a non-cake lover, this would also make a fun birthday tradition. Top with some vanilla ice cream and hot fudge for the ultimate treat.
How to make a cookie pie
Find the printable chocolate chip cookie pie recipe below.
- Spread half of the cookie dough over the bottom of the pie crust.
- Spread the dulce de leche over top of the dough.
- Form disks of dough and gently press over top of the caramel until it is covered.
- Bake cookie pie for 35-40 minutes.
This chocolate chip cookie pie can easily be made ahead of time. If you want to serve it warm, bake in the oven at 200°F for 3-5 minutes right before serving. You can also warm each piece in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Sometimes I like to add extra chocolate chips to the top of the cookie pie to make it look prettier. For this pie, I just added a border of chocolate chips and made a heart in the center. You could simply just place a few extra chocolate chips on top or get creative with your design. Fun and delicious!
Toppings for chocolate chip pie
This chocolate chip cookie pie tastes amazing on it’s own, but it’s even more delicious paired with yummy toppings. My favorites are vanilla ice cream and hot fudge. YUM!
- Chocolate chips (for decorating top of cookie pie)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce
- Hot fudge
Chocolate Chip Pie Recipe
- 1 9-inch pie shell (you don't need to pre-bake)
- 30 ounce package chocolate chip cookie dough (I used Nestle)
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche (canned caramel)
Optional: Chocolate chips (for decorating the top), vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Spread half of the cookie dough over the bottom of the pie crust. Then spread the dulce de leche over top of the dough.
- Spread enough dough to cover the caramel. You don't need to use the whole package, I only used about 3/4. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Place cookie pie on a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is crisp and the center is cooked. It's okay for the pie to be slightly gooey in the center. I prefer it that way.
- Remove from oven and let the cookie pie cool on a cooling rack. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle of hot fudge or caramel, if desired.