These baked hamburgers only take 3 simple ingredients with easy clean up. They’re so easy to make, hearty and flavorful. Perfect for those days that you don’t feel like firing up the grill.
We make these hamburgers in the oven pretty often. Of course I love grilled burgers, but baking them is honestly easier in my opinion. And since the oven is already on, you can make delicious sides at the same time like homemade french fries or baked sweet potato fries.
There’s nothing I love more than a summer BBQ with friends and grilling hamburgers. However sometimes on a quick weeknight, it’s nice to bake the hamburgers in the oven. This also works well when you realize you’re out of propane. While you won’t get those perfect charred grilled marks, you’re still going to get a nice juicy burger. Especially when you use my hamburger seasoning and add my favorite burger sauce. You could even go gourmet and make homemade hamburger buns. I only do that on special occasion, but they are so yummy!
How to bake hamburgers
Prepare the baking pan. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil, then place a cooling rack on top of the pan.
Season and shape the patties. Add ground beef, BBQ sauce and hamburger seasoning in a medium bowl. Use your hands to gently mix together, just until combined. Then shape into 4 patties about 1/2-inch thick. Use your thumb to make a well in the center of each patty, to prevent the burgers from bulging when they cook.
Bake in oven. Place the patties on the cooling rack and bake in oven at 425°F for about 15 minutes. Add cheese slices immediately if desired, so the cheese melts on top of the hot burger.
- Line your pan with foil for easy clean up.
- Place a cooling rack on your baking sheet. This will help the excess fat drain from the hamburger and give some mini grill marks.
- Check the hamburgers with a meat thermometer, to make sure you don’t overcook them. They are ready when the temperature reaches 155°F.
- If you want to add cheese to your burgers, add the cheese slices the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- sliced onion
- ketchup, mayo or mustard
- burger sauce
- caramelized onions
More types of burgers:
Baked Hamburger Recipe
Optional: Hamburger buns, lettuce leaves, sliced cheese, ketchup, mayo, mustard, thousand island, bacon, tomato slices, sliced onion, pickles
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Then place a cooling rack on top of the foil wrapped pan.
- Combine the ground beef, BBQ sauce and hamburger seasoning in a medium-sized bowl. Mix just until combined with your hands and shape into 4 patties about 1/2-inch thick. Make a well in your patties with your thumb to prevent from bulging.
- Place burgers on the rack and cook for 15 minutes, or until juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 155°F. Top with cheese slices, if desired.
- Serve hamburgers on buns with your favorite toppings.