Slow Cooker Rocky Road – Super easy to make and only takes 5 ingredients! The best part about this crockpot candy is there is absolutely no cooking or baking required. Perfect for when you need a last minute holiday treat.
When I think of Christmas candy, I always think of this delicious rocky road! It’s full of delicious flavors and is one of my favorites. I also love microwave fudge, Christmas crack toffee, peppermint bark and maple peanut brittle.
I’m absolutely in love with this rocky road recipe! It’s made in the crockpot, requires only 5 ingredients and tastes amazing. What more could you ask for?! It’s one of my go-to recipes when I need to quickly make a holiday treat. And it tastes so delicious that no one will know how easy it was to whip up!
Take one bite of this rocky road candy and you’ll be hooked. It has the perfect ratio of sweet and salty. Trust me when I say, add this crockpot candy to your baking list! I know I’ll be making it again soon. ;)
What ingredients are in rocky road?
All you need for this rocky road candy recipe are the 5 easy ingredients below. Combine them in the slow cooker and it does all the work for you. Seriously, this rocky road candy is one of the easiest treats you’ll make all season!
- Chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate chunks
- Peanut Butter
If you aren’t a fan of peanuts, feel free to add in your favorite nut, such as almonds or pecans. Lots of possibilities!
How do you make rocky road candy?
This rocky road candy recipe is seriously SO easy. I love to use the slow cooker when making the rocky road because there is absolutely no baking or cooking required! This crockpot candy is one of my top go-to’s when I need to quickly whip up a holiday treat.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except marshmallows in crockpot. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Remove lid and stir until smooth.
- Turn crockpot off and let chocolate mixture cool (for about 2 minutes). Then add marshmallows and mix.
- Immediately place rounded spoonfuls of crockpot candy onto cookie sheet. Top with chopped peanuts and extra marshmallows.
- Allow to cool before serving.
TIP: To speed up cooling process, place in the refrigerator to chill until firm.
Scroll down for the printable rocky road candy recipe and video tutorial.
How long will rocky road last?
My preference for storing this rocky road candy is in the fridge. It keeps it firm and tastes delicious when it’s a tad chilled. You can, however, store the crockpot candy at room temperature too. Just make sure to store in an airtight container or zip top bag for both methods.
Rocky road will last about 1-2 weeks stored at room temperature, or about 3 weeks in the fridge. Although it never lasts that long in my house…my family loves rocky road and eats it up in a matter of days!
Can I freeze rocky road?
Yes! Make sure the rocky road has cooled completely and firmed up prior to freezing. To freeze, wrap clusters in plastic wrap then place in an airtight container. The rocky road candy should last a couple of months in the freezer. To thaw, stick in the fridge overnight!
I sometimes snack on the rocky road right out of the freezer. I let it sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before eating. It’s still a little tough, but I think it’s yummy that way. :) If you’d prefer your rocky road on the softer side, then stick with the overnight method.
Slow Cooker Rocky Road Candy
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine the chocolate, peanuts and peanut butter into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour. Remove lid and stir until smooth. Turn off the slow cooker and allow chocolate to cool for 2 minutes and then stir in marshmallows. Immediately place rounded spoonfuls onto the lined cookie sheet. Top with extra marshmallows and chopped peanuts if desired. Allow to cool, or place in the refrigerator to speed the process.
Rocky road holiday gift
Looking for a fun gift to give? Place a piece of parchment paper in a basket and place the rocky road inside. Then tie with some bakers twine and a holiday tag (free printable for this one HERE). So fun, festive and delicious!