NO BAKE Strawberry Icebox Cake – a quick and easy dessert made with homemade whipped cream. Perfect for summer!
Are you looking for something easy to whip up for a summer treat? Well I have the perfect dessert for you. This strawberry icebox cake is made with a graham cracker, whipped cream cheese filling and sliced strawberries. To make it even a little more indulgent drizzle some melted chocolate over the top.
The cream layer softens the graham crackers and the berries add the perfect sweetness.
First you’re going to whip the heavy cream. Then add in the sugar, vanilla and cream cheese. I could just eat the mixture straight from the bowl. I adapted it from my blackberry cheesecake bars. It is so creamy!
Then you’re going to start layering your icebox cake.
There’s nothing better than a strawberry dessert in the summer time.
I like to slice the strawberries thin (you could even slice them in half again) for the layers, so there aren’t huge chunks in the middle. For the top I like to cut the strawberries in half, but you can cut them however you’d like.
NO BAKE Strawberry Icebox Cake
- 2 packs of graham crackers
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 package 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 5 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- 1/2 pint strawberries cut in half (for top of cake)
- 1/4 cup melting chocolate wafers optional
- Line a 9×9″ pan with the graham crackers and set aside.
- Pour the heavy cream into a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until a stiff peak forms, about 4 to 5 minutes. Then add the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Mix just until smooth. Then spread 1/3 of the mixture onto the graham crackers. Then layer 1/3 of the sliced strawberries on top. Repeat with 3 layers. Save the strawberries you’re putting on top, until ready to serve.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour, to allow the graham crackers to soften. I like to place in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving, so it firms up a little bit. Then I place the top layer of strawberries on top right before serving.
- Slice with a sharp knife and drizzle chocolate on top if desired.
You could top with blackberries and blueberries as well. The more berries the better in my opinion.
Looking for more strawberry desserts? You’ll love these too: