Chocolate dipped strawberry cake mix cookies made with only 3 ingredients! These make the perfect Valentine’s Day treat!
If you’ve never made cake mix cookies before, you must give them a try! They’re so delicious and perfect for when you need to make something easy and fast. This is a fun variation that is perfect for celebrating Valentine’s Day!
These strawberry cookies couldn’t be easier to make. They start with a cake mix and are finished with a white chocolate dip. They are super soft, full of strawberry flavor and best of all dipped in chocolate!
I was having one of those days last week, where everything seemed to be going wrong. I’ve found that the best thing I can do on those days, is serve others. My love language is baking, so I decided to bake a batch of these strawberry cookies and it turned my whole day around.
My daughter also loves being in the kitchen baking with me and delivering treats. In fact she begs to every day! She has such a big heart and it makes me so happy. We have our dedicated baking day on the weekend though and I cherish that time together. She was very excited to bake these strawberry cookies and package them up for her teachers at school :)
Only 3 ingredients!
You only need 3 simple ingredients to make these strawberry cookies. Then if you’d like to make them a little fancier, you can add white dipping chocolate and sprinkles. :)
- Box of strawberry cake mix
- Vegetable oil
How to make strawberry cookies with cake mix
MIX. Stir the cake mix, oil and eggs together until combined. The dough is sticky, so I like to refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes if I have the time. It makes it easier to work with once it’s chilled.
BAKE. Scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet, then bake at 350°F for 9 to 11 minutes until cookies are set (but not brown). Let them sit on the pan for a couple of minutes, then move to a cooling rack.
DIP. Then get to dipping once the cookies have cooled completely. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave until smooth, then dip half of each cookie in the chocolate. Lay them onto wax paper and immediately add sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet.
- The white chocolate is optional – you could leave it off if preferred.
- I used white melting wafers for dipping, but white chocolate chips work great too. The chips also taste great folded into the dough.
- You could even use milk or dark chocolate instead of white.
- To make sweeter, roll the dough balls into granulated sugar before baking.
- A classic buttercream would taste great on top of these strawberry cookies as well.
To store, simply add to an airtight container or bag and keep at room temp for up to 1 week. You can even freeze the cookies if you’d like. Just let them cool completely, then place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
More Valentine’s Day treats:
- Valentine Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Fudgy M&M Brownie Cookies
- 3-Ingredient Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate Strawberry Kabobs
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 ounce box strawberry cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melting wafers , optional
- Heart sprinkles , optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the cake mix, oil and eggs in a large box. Stir together until combined. If you have the time, refrigerate the dough for 15-20 minutes (it will make it a little easier to work with, since it is sticky).
- Using a medium scoop or spoon, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking mat. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies are set. You don’t want them to brown. Allow to cool on the pan for a couple minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, melt the chocolate and then dip half the cookie into the chocolate. Lay cookies onto a wax paper and add sprinkles if desired.