The easiest sugar cookie recipe -perfect for Valentine’s Day! These sprinkle sugar cookies are super soft, tender on the inside and deliciously sweet. Much easier than cut out cookies!
Happy February 1st! I personally LOVE February. First comes Valentine’s Day and then my birthday! We’ll also be traveling home to AZ this month, so I cannot wait! It’s been too long. But first, I have a yummy cookie recipe to share with you.
If you’re looking for a no roll sugar cookie recipe, I’ve got the perfect recipe for you today. I absolutely LOVE my sugar cookie recipe (they are so yummy!)… sometimes I just don’t have the time to make those. My kids love these ones below just as much, so we make them when I’m in a time crunch and they are so good! Some of you may know of these as cream cheese sugar cookies. The addition of cream cheese to the dough adds the perfect texture. I found this recipe on All Recipes a couple years back and have tweaked it a bit over the years.
My kids are always asking me to make sugar cookie with sprinkles. They love picking out the colors and for these ones they picked out a mixed variation, pink and red. Perfect for Valentine’s Day! The possibilities are endless with different colors.
You can absolutely make these sugar cookies without sprinkles. If I don’t roll them in sprinkles, I like to roll them in sugar. You could even put a candy heart in the center to dress them up a bit.
And if you’re feeling extra fancy, you could even add a Hershey Kiss to the center of the cookies. Aren’t they so pretty?!
Easy sugar cookie recipe
Easy sugar cookies for Valentines Day
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour more if needed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sprinkles sanding sugar or granulated sugar, for rolling
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add the sugar and mix an additional minute. Add in the egg, vanilla and almond extract and mix until combined. Slowly add 2 1/2 cups flour and the baking powder. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour if the dough is too sticky. Mix, just until combined. Note: The dough will be a little sticky and refrigerating it will help. Cover the dough and chill for 1 hour. Place sprinkles (or granulated sugar) into a bowl if desired and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a medium cookie scoop or Tablespoon, spoon out the dough. Roll in between two hands and then roll into the sprinkles or sugar (whichever desired). Place onto the pan 2 inches a part and press down with the bottom of a cup. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly golden. Allow to cool on the pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in a airtight container.
Adapted from All Recipes
Hope you enjoy these cookies! I can’t wait to make them again with my little ones soon. Enjoy! :)
Looking for more sugar cookie recipes? You’ll love these too: