This strawberry lasagna is a deliciously layered dessert where cheesecake meets strawberry jello in one perfect bite. With layers of an Oreo crust, fresh strawberries, and whipped topping, this refreshing and light dessert is always a hit!
Table of Contents
Easy No-Bake Summer Dessert
This strawberry cheesecake lasagna is the summertime version of chocolate lasagna. This is the perfect refreshing treat that has layers upon layers of deliciously sweet strawberries, creamy sweet cheesecake, strawberry gelatin, and a cool whip or whipped cream topping with sliced fresh berries all sitting on a buttery oreo crust.
What I love about this no-bake dessert is that, much like an actual lasagna, the layers make sure that you get a bit of everything in every bite and each layer is as mouthwatering as the next! It’s where strawberries and cream meet a cheesecake meet a decadent fruit dessert, but it’s chilled and served nice and cold!
No bake strawberry cheesecake lasagna is an easy dessert that can be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. People hover over the dessert table as soon as it makes an appearance. It’s always a hit at BBQs, picnics, fourth of July gatherings, Mother’s Day, and you can bet it would be a hit on a regular Wednesday too!
The Magic is in the Layers
A no bake strawberry lasagna has a few moving parts. Everything is super simple but it’s important to take things one step at a time.
- Oreo crust layer: The Oreo cookie base made of a combination of melted butter and crushed oreo. Pressed down into the pan and chilled to set. It is the foundation that holds up all of the rest of the dessert lasagna.
- Cheesecake layer: Whipped cream, powdered sugar, and cool whip for a nice fluffy cheesecake layer, topped with sliced fresh juicy strawberries.
- Strawberry gelatin layer: A gelatin layer made with a combination of strawberry jello and cool whip, which gets whipped into almost a mousse-like consistency. Other than the sliced strawberries, this is where you’ll get most of the strawberry flavor and sweetness.
- Whipped topping layer: A delicious and refreshing finishing top layer of either cool whip or whipped cream (homemade whipped cream is AMAZING if you can!) and then topped with some more delicious strawberries. The top layer is a light balance to the cheesecake and gelatin layer which have a heavier consistency.
Tips for Making this Strawberry Lasagna Recipe
- Keep the Oreo cream in the center as it helps bind the crust. You want them crushed pretty fine, so I recommend using a blender or food processor.
- There is chill time between every layer. The longest being at the end, you want to chill it for a few hours before serving to make sure all the layers have set.
- Add the top layers of strawberries just before serving. Otherwise, you might find they sink into the whipped topping and get lost while spending time in the fridge.
- Best to enjoy while the dessert is still cool. Don’t let the lasagna sit out too long otherwise, it might start to get soft. Keep it in the fridge for as long as possible before serving.
- Add some crushed golden Oreos for the topping instead of fresh strawberries, or perhaps a bit of both. You could even mix freeze-dried strawberries with the golden Oreos.
- Make a homemade cool whip or whipped cream rather than store-bought.
- Using cool whip for the first two layers helps make them thicker and sturdier. Save the whipped cream for the top!
- Get a little fancy and add some white chocolate shavings to the top.
Make it Ahead
This no bake strawberry lasagna dessert can be made up to 24 hours in advance. This means, once assembled it can stay in the fridge up to a day before serving it. Keep in mind, anything longer than that and the crust may start to get soggy. If you are looking for a way to get even further ahead, you can prep the crust ahead of time, up to 48 hours ahead, and keep the rest of the layers separate. Then, assemble when you’re ready to chill and serve.
More Easy No-Bake Desserts
- 36 golden Oreo's
- 6 Tablespoons butter , melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cool whip , thawed
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons cold milk , if needed
- 3 ounces strawberry flavored gelatin , 1 box of Jello
- ½ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- 8 ounces cool whip , thawed
- 8 ounces fresh whipped cream , or cool whip
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries , sliced
- Crush Oreo's in a food processor or in a zip top bag with a rolling pin. Add melted butter and mix until combined. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13" dish and place in the freezer or refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add in powdered sugar. Mix until combined. Then add in 8 ounces of cool whip. Add in milk if needed to thin. Then spread the mixture lightly over the crust. Layer half of the sliced strawberries on top. Place in the freezer or refrigerator for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the gelatin and hot water. Whisk together until the sugar is dissolved. Then add the cold water. Allow to slightly cool on the counter for 5 to 10 minutes (don't let it set). Then whisk in 8 ounces of cool whip.
- Spread over the top of the cream cheese layer. Place back in the freezer or refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow jello to set.
- Spread remaining cool whip or whipped cream (I prefer homemade whipped cream if I have the time for this layer) on top. Place in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Remove from the refrigerator just before serving. Add fresh strawberries just before serving. Slice and enjoy while cool.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!