EASY Ground Beef Tacos – Crispy and delicious tacos filled with seasoned ground beef and all your favorite toppings. Simple, quick and absolutely amazing!
Beef tacos are one of those classic Mexican dishes that are always a hit. They’re easy, quick to whip up and are super customizable. Some of my other favorites are beef enchiladas, steak tacos, taco casserole, taquitos or taco salad.
If you’re looking for an easy and tasty dinner recipe, these beef tacos are perfect for you! They’re simple, quick and taste absolutely delicious. Plus you can load them up with all your favorite toppings, like cheese, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, salsa and guacamole. Yum!
I love to bake my beef tacos in the oven for about 10 minutes to get them extra warm and crispy. The cheese melts and gets super gooey, which tastes amazing. These ground beef tacos would be the perfect dinner to make for a crowd and can easily be kept warm in the oven until serving. You could even double or triple the beef taco recipe if needed. So simple and delicious!
How many tacos will a pound of ground beef make?
This beef taco recipe calls for a pound of ground beef, which will make about 12 tacos. Once the taco meat cooks down, you’ll be left with about 12 ounces of meat. So you should put about 1 ounce (or 2 Tablespoons) of beef in each taco.
How to make tacos with ground beef
Scroll down for the printable beef taco recipe.
- Brown ground beef and onion. In a large skillet over medium-heat, brown ground beef and onion. Stir occasionally to break up any large pieces.
- Add in seasonings and bring to simmer. Drain any extra grease, then add in taco seasoning, salsa and water. Bring to a light simmer.
- Serve as-is or bake. Serve in taco shells as-is or place in a 9×13 baking dish. Add cheese, then bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Top and enjoy! Add desired toppings and serve.
How do you keep taco shells warm for a crowd?
If you’re making these beef tacos for a large crowd, there are several ways you can keep them warm. I like to place them in a baking dish and bake them at 400°F for about 10 minutes. Then I’ll turn on the “keep warm” setting and let them sit in the oven until serving. This will ensure they stay warm, but don’t overcook and get too crispy. You can also cover them tightly with aluminum foil to help keep them warm as well.
What are some good toppings for tacos?
Below are a few of our favorite toppings for tacos:
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded lettuce
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
What goes well with tacos?
If you’re looking to serve a side dish with these ground beef tacos, there are plenty that would taste delicious. Some easy and yummy options would be Mexican rice, cilantro lime rice, Mexican street corn or a Mexican salad. Yum!
Beef Taco Recipe
S&P to taste
Toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, cilantro
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook until browned, stirring occasionally breaking up any large pieces.
- Once browned, drain off any extra grease. Then add in the taco seasoning, salsa and water. Bring to a light simmer. Add more water as desired.
- Serve in taco shells as-is or place in a 9x13 dish to bake. Then add cheese and bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Add desired toppings.