These peanut butter and jelly cookies are the most delicious peanut butter cookie topped with strawberry jam and a vanilla glaze. These will soon become your new favorite cookie!
Lately I have been craving PB&J sandwiches with cold milk non-stop. I’ve also been craving cookies, so I thought I would combine my two loves and make some peanut butter and jelly cookies. Once I perfected the recipe, I was in complete heaven. They are seriously so good. These would be the perfect cookies to make with your kids during the holiday season and share it with someone in need of a little love.
How to make pbj cookies
This recipe starts out with my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. It is so simple to make and they are so soft and tender. Sometimes I will make them rolled in sugar or with chocolate on top, but making them with jam in the center is definitely my new favorite.
- Follow the recipe below to make the peanut butter cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into balls.
- Place a thumbprint in the middle. My trick to getting the perfect thumbprint, is to use a teaspoon.
- Fill the center with jam.
- Bake at 350 for 9 minutes.
Tip: You can definitely leave the cookies plain with jam on top (they are plenty sweet), or you can add a simple vanilla glaze to dress them up. If I’m packaging them up, I like to add the glaze to make them a little prettier. It’s super easy to whip us as well (you just need powdered sugar, milk and vanilla). Then I like to place the glaze in a zip top bag and snip the top off, to make it easier to drizzle the glaze on.
How to store?
Once the cookies have cooled, store in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze pbj cookies?
Yes, you can definitely freeze these cookies. Once the cookies have cooled, store in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Once the cookies are frozen you can stack them in the container.
More great peanut butter recipes
- Peanut butter stuffed chocolate cookies
- Peanut butter no bake cookies
- Peanut butter chocolate cheesecake
- PB&J fudge
Peanut butter and jelly cookie recipe
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter I used JIF creamy
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam I used Smucker’s
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-3 Tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Then mix in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add in flour and baking soda and mix just until combined. Using a medium cookie scoop or about 1 1/2 Tablespoon, scoop the dough onto the baking sheets two inches apart. Using a teaspoon press a hole in the center of the dough. Fill the center with 1 teaspoon of jam. Bake 9-11 minutes, or just until the edges firm up. They should still be a little soft. Allow to cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- For the glaze, mix together the powdered sugar, cream and vanilla. Then drizzle over the cookies once they have cooled. Enjoy!
Hope you are able to spread a little love and joy this holiday season with these cookies in your community, because a little love can go a long way.