The world’s best chocolate chip cookies with a soft and chewy inside and perfectly crisp edges. Each bite is absolute heaven!
It’s no secret that I love cookies. Homemade chocolate chip cookies are definitely my favorite, but I also love sugar cookies, M&M cookies, oatmeal cookies, snickerdoodles…you name it. Just give me all the cookies and a cold glass of milk!
Easy chocolate chip cookies
Is there anything better than homemade chocolate chip cookies?? I think not! Seriously, they’re one of my favorite things in the world. And if you’re looking for a delicious and simple chocolate chip cookie recipe…this is it.
These easy chocolate chip cookies taste amazing and are super soft and chewy…just the way a chocolate chip cookie should be! They’re perfectly crispy on the edges and are filled with sweet chocolate chips in every bite. My mouth is watering just talking about them. :)
These really are the best cookies in the world (according to my husband and kids at least). And everyone who tries them always asks for the recipe. Trust me, they are that good!
Ingredients for homemade chocolate chip cookies
- Butter: Use unsalted butter and make sure it’s at room temp before creaming.
- Sugar: You’ll need both light brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Eggs: This recipe calls for 2 large eggs.
- Vanilla: I love the extra flavor that vanilla extract adds.
- Flour: All-purpose flour works best.
- Cornstarch: I like adding cornstarch because it helps thicken the cookies.
- Baking soda: Baking soda helps cookies rise and keeps them tender.
- Salt: You’ll need to add in 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Chocolate chips: I used 2 cups chocolate chips, plus a few more for topping.
How to make chocolate chip cookies
Scroll down for the printable recipe for the absolute best chocolate chip cookies that you will ever try!
- Preheat oven and line baking sheets. Preheat oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugars. Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugars for 3 minutes in a large bowl. Then mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients and chill. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt until combined. I like to slowly mix in the chocolate chips with the flour. Do not over mix. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes if time allows.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheets. Using a large cookie scoop (about 3 Tablespoons), scoop cookie dough onto the baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart. Place extra chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake chocolate chip cookies. Bake until tops are barely golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Let set on pan for 2-3 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack.
- Store and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Enjoy with a cold glass of milk :)
Tips for making the best chocolate chip cookies
- I like to use a large cookie scoop and then roll into a ball. Then I like to press extra chocolate chips onto the top.
- This recipe makes 24 cookies with a large cookie scoop and 36 with a medium cookie scoop.
- I like to add corn starch to help thicken the cookies and help them rise. If you don’t have corn starch, you can add and extra tablespoon or two of flour.
- By refrigerating the dough for 30-60 minutes, it will help the cookies stay nice and thick. If you don’t have time, don’t worry they’ll still taste amazing!
- I find that mixing the chocolate chips in with the flour helps them not sink to the bottom.
- When you remove cookies from the oven, let them set on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before adding to a cooling rack. They’ll continue to bake and the edges will get perfectly crispy.
More easy chocolate chip cookie recipes:
- Chocolate chip pudding cookies
- Brown butter chocolate chip cookies
- Banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate chip and sprinkle birthday cookies
- Triple chocolate chip cookies
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars for 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and stir mix just until combined. I like to slowly mix in the chocolate chips with the flour. Do not over mix. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes if time allows.
- Using a large cookie scoop (about 3 Tablespoons), scoop the cookie dough onto the baking sheet about 2-3 inches apart. Place extra chocolate chips on the top of the cookies if desired.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops are barely golden brown. Allow cookies to set on pan for 2-3 minutes, and then remove to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Mmm…I love homemade chocolate chip cookies! These really are the best chocolate chip cookies out there. You have to try them! Enjoy :)