EASY and delicious buckeye bark recipe – Creamy peanut butter swirled into rich chocolate and topped with buckeye candies.
This buckeye bark is high on my list of easy no-bake desserts. It’s made with only 3 ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes. Other top picks are peanut butter fudge, chocolate truffles and peppermint bark.
Before moving to Ohio 4 years ago, I had never heard of buckeye candy. Boy was I missing out. The mini buckeyes are my absolute favorite. There’s a local ice cream shop that sells a buckeye sundae and my husband and I are obsessed. We always want to try different flavors, but keep going back to that flavor.
So of course, I have loved making any and ALL buckeye candy recipes. These buckeye brownies and buckeye cupcakes are also a favorite. This buckeye bark is so simple to make and will put all your chocolate and peanut butter cravings away.
My favorite thing about this chocolate peanut butter bark is that it’s completely customizable. That and the delicious swirls of chocolate and peanut butter. One of my favorite flavor combos!
How to make buckeye bark
Chocolate layer. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and stir until smooth. Pour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment and spread with a spatula until it’s about 1/4″ thick.
Peanut butter layer. Microwave the peanut butter chips and peanut butter until smooth. Then place spoonfuls across the melted chocolate and swirl it into the chocolate using a knife.
Add toppings. Immediately sprinkle on your favorite toppings and then place in freezer (about 15 minutes). Once hardened, cut the buckeye bark into pieces.
Chocolate peanut butter bark variations
I usually love to top half of the bark with nuts and half without. My kids don’t love the nuts, but I love the added salty crunch it adds. Pretzels are really yummy too.
Feel free to add all and all of your favorite toppings. I know the mini buckeyes can be hard to find if you don’t live in Ohio, so the mini reese’s are a great substitute.
- Melt white chocolate chips or dark chocolate to add in a 3rd swirl
- Use mini reese’s chopped reese’s peanut butter cups in place of buckeyes
- Use chocolate chips, peanut butter chips or reeses pieces
- Add chopped peanuts or your favorite nut
- Top with mini marshmallows or sprinkles for a fun pop of color
- Top with broken pretzels if you love the sweet and salty combo
More chocolate and peanut butter recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- No-Bake Reese’s Bars
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Reese’s No-Bake Cheesecake
Buckeye Bark Recipe
- 2 cups melting chocolate (milk or dark)
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- 1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
Optional toppings: 1/2 cup mini buckeyes, mini reese’s, chopped nuts, broken pretzels, mini marshmallows, reese’s pieces
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Place the milk chocolate in a microwavable bowl and then microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir and cook an additional 30 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth. Then pour on the paper and spread out about 1/4″ thick with a spatula.
- Next place the peanut butter chips and peanut butter in a microwavable bowl and then microwave for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and cook an additional 30 seconds if needed. Stir until smooth. Place spoonfuls across the top of the melted chocolate. Then take a knife and swirl it into the chocolate. I like to go across vertically and then horizontally.
- Top immediately with your favorite toppings if desired. Then place in the freezer for 15 minutes, or until hardened. Then cut into pieces.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!