Chocolate Peanut Butter Buckeye Cupcakes made with my favorite chocolate cupcakes and a creamy peanut butter frosting! All chocolate and peanut butter lovers are going to LOVE these.
I made these buckeye cupcakes for my husbands birthday over the summer and they were a huge hit. I had never had a buckeye before moving to Ohio, but they may just be my new favorite candy. I love the chocolate/PB combo. If you can’t find buckeyes where you live, you could certainly use a reeses peanut butter cup, which would be just as good!
YUM! This peanut butter frosting is SO good. Even my little girl who hates peanut butter, loved it.
Mmm… I can’t wait to make these again!
I packaged up some of these cupcakes and used these free printable gift tags and some ribbon for a fun little gift.
Looking for more delicious chocolate and peanut butter desserts? You’ll love these too:
- Buckeye brownies
- Peanut butter sundae cups
- Homemade reeses peanut butter bars
- Reeses ice cream
- Chocolate peanut butter cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Buckeye Cupcakes
- 24 chocolate cupcakes
Peanut butter frosting:
- 12 Tablespoons 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 – 3 Tablespoons milk or heavy cream more if needed
- Pinch of salt
- 24 buckeyes or reeses peanut butter cups
- Combine the butter and peanut butter in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Slowly mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Add in milk as needed to thin it out. You can also add more powdered sugar if needed. Mix until the frosting is smooth and creamy and you’ve reached your desired consistency. If you are piping the frosting, it should be fairly thick.