Crispy, bibb lettuce topped with shredded buffalo chicken, tomatoes, avocado, red onion and a drizzle of ranch dressing. These easy buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are packed with flavor in every bite!
I love to make these lettuce wraps whenever we have leftover instant pot buffalo chicken. They make a super easy lunch or healthy dinner idea and come together quickly. They’re low in carbs and high in protein, without skimping on flavor. One of my absolute favorites!
Whenever I’m trying to eat healthier, this is a great alternative to make when craving a buffalo chicken wrap. It has all the same delicious flavors, but uses lettuce as the “wrap” instead of a flour tortilla. The lettuce makes a great vessel for the toppings and tastes light and refreshing. Trust me, you won’t even miss the tortilla!
I love to make the chicken in the instant pot because it’s super quick and easy. You can also make it in the slow cooker, or even use shredded rotisserie chicken mixed with buffalo sauce. Then serve on top of the lettuce with all your favorite toppings!
How to make buffalo chicken lettuce wraps
- CHICKEN. Place the meat in the instant pot, then pour in the water, hot sauce, diced onion, garlic and seasonings. Cover with lid, then turn to manual high pressure, set to 15 minutes and let cook. When the timer goes off, let natural release for 10 minutes. Remove 1/2 cup of the juices, then use two forks to shred the meat. Taste and add more hot sauce or liquid as needed.
- TOPPINGS. While the meat cooks, wash the lettuce and let dry. Then dice the tomatoes, onions and avocado.
- ASSEMBLE. Serve the chicken in lettuce cups with the diced veggies and a drizzle of ranch dressing. Feel free to add any other toppings of choice!
- Diced tomatoes
- Red onion
- Ranch dressing (or blue cheese dressing)
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Green onion
- Shredded carrots
- Diced celery
Cooking tips + variations
- Lettuce. Look for lettuce that’s crisp and has a wide enough surface area to hold fillings on top. I used bibb lettuce, but romaine and iceberg lettuce are great options as well.
- Chicken. For an even faster alternative, you can use shredded rotisserie chicken mixed with buffalo sauce. Sliced grilled chicken with buffalo sauce would also taste delicious.
- Slow cooker method. You can also cook the meat in the slow cooker if preferred. Add all ingredients and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours (or on high for 3 to 4 hours).
- Salad. Turn into a buffalo chicken salad by chopping the lettuce instead.
More recipes to try:
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 2 pounds chicken breast , thawed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot sauce , more to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon ranch seasoning
- 1/2 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 12 leaves of lettuce , I used smaller Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup tomatoes , diced
- 1/2 cup avocado , diced
- 1/2 cup red onion , diced
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing , or blue cheese dressing
Optional: Cilantro or blue cheese crumbles for topping
- Place the chicken breast in the instant pot. Make sure there's any fat trimmed off. Pour the water and hot sauce over top. Then add the onion, garlic, ranch seasoning, Italian seasoning and salt over top.
- Place the lid on top and make sure the lid is on tight and sealed. Turn to manual high pressure and then set to 15 minutes and let cook.
- After the 15 minutes is up, let it natural release for 10 minutes. Then remove the lid carefully. Remove about 1/2 cup of the juices and then shred the chicken with two forks. Add back any of the juice if desired or discard it. Add more hot sauce to taste if desired.
- Serve the chicken in 2 stacked lettuce cups with diced tomatoes, avocado, red onion and a drizzle of ranch or blue cheese dressing. Add fresh cilantro on top if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!