Crockpot BBQ Chicken – Only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes prep! Tender, flavorful and juicy shredded BBQ chicken that’s perfect for sandwiches, salads, tacos, pizza and more.
When it comes to easy and versatile recipes, this slow cooker BBQ chicken is one of the best. It requires hardly any ingredients, is super quick and tastes delicious. A few other of my favorites are crockpot salsa chicken, kalua pork, easy taco meat and slow cooker ranch chicken.
Slow cooker BBQ chicken
Trust me when I say this BBQ pulled chicken is one of the easiest recipes out there. It only requires 3 ingredients, takes 5 minutes of prep and is made in the slow cooker. I mean…does it get any better than that?!
We often make shredded chicken in the crockpot, but it’s fun to switch it up and add BBQ sauce every now and again. The BBQ sauce paired with the Italian dressing creates an amazing flavor and keeps the chicken super tender and moist. It basically shreds itself. ;)
What I love most about this crockpot BBQ chicken is how versatile it is. It’s great for adding to salads, tacos, sandwiches, pizza and more. The options are endless! It’s one of my favorite go-to recipes that I know the whole family will love.
Why I love it:
- Only 3 ingredients! I mean come on, any meal with just 3 simple ingredients is a winner!
- 5 minutes prep. The prep time is so quick! It takes 5 mins. MAX…usually less than that!
- Made in crockpot. Set it and forget it! The crockpot does all of the work for you.
- Easy clean up. Hardly any dishes! Use a slow cooker liner for even easier clean up.
- Versatile. Tastes delicious on salads, sandwiches, tacos, pizza and more.
How to make BBQ pulled chicken in the crockpot
Scroll down for the printable shredded BBQ chicken recipe.
Step 1: Add ingredients to crockpot
Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then pour the BBQ sauce and Italian dressing on top.
Step 2: Cook the BBQ chicken
Cook the chicken on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. Can serve whole or shred with 2 forks and place back in the sauce until ready to serve.
Step 3: Serve and enjoy!
Serve BBQ pulled chicken with vegetables, on salads, in a wrap or on a slider roll. Enjoy!
How to serve shredded BBQ chicken
There are SO many ways to serve this shredded BBQ chicken. Below are a few of our favorite serving ideas to try.
- Sliders with coleslaw
- BBQ chicken salad
- BBQ chicken pizza
- Wrap or pita bread sandwich
- Over rice
- Layer in a baked potato with toppings
Sides to consider
- Mac and cheese
- Baked potato wedges
- Roasted vegetables
- Sweet potato fries
- Chopped salad
- Corn on the cob
- Broccoli salad
More crockpot chicken recipes:
- Slow Cooker Honey Chicken
- Creamy Crockpot Italian Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Bowls
- Slow Cooker Chicken Salad
- Hawaiian Haystacks
BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Italian dressing
S&P , to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then pour the BBQ sauce and Italian dressing over the top.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. Can serve whole or shred with 2 forks and place back in the sauce until ready to serve.
- Serve with vegetables, on salads, in a wrap or on a slider roll with coleslaw.
- For a sweet touch, add 1/4 cup brown sugar when you mix in the BBQ sauce.
- Use a slow cooker liner for even easier clean up.