Crockpot Salsa Chicken – Takes just 2 simple ingredients and is one of the easiest recipes ever! Perfect on salads, bowls, tacos, burritos and more. This salsa chicken recipe is a staple at our house!
We LOVE making this salsa chicken because it’s SO easy to make and you can use it for SO many different recipes! We love using using it to make rice bowls, salads, tacos, burritos, enchiladas and quesadillas. It just takes 2 simple ingredients to make this recipe: chicken and salsa! Plus a few spices to add some extra depth. Seriously, does it get any easier than that? This crockpot chicken salsa is perfect for those days when you just don’t know what to make for dinner. All you need to do is pull out some chicken from the freezer, dump some salsa on top and let the crockpot do the rest of the work!
Slow cooker salsa chicken
Place the chicken breasts in the base of your crock pot and sprinkle the cumin and a little bit of salt onto the chicken. Then pour the salsa over top. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or slow for 5-6 hours, or until the salsa chicken is tender and easily shreds. Shred and remove any extra fat & salt and pepper to taste. Keep on warm until ready to serve.
Instant pot salsa chicken
You can easily make this salsa chicken in your instant pot as well. It’s so easy and is done in 30 minutes! Just place the chicken on the rack, add in 1/4 cup water and cook for 18 minutes on poultry mode. Then do a natural release.
Favorite ways to use this chicken
Tacos: This slow cooker salsa chicken tastes amazing in tacos. Try using flour/corn tortillas or lettuce wraps. All taste great!
Burritos: If you’re in the mood for a burrito, this salsa chicken recipe makes it extra easy to make. Just throw it in, wrap the burrito up and bake!
Bowls: My family loves to make chicken burrito bowls. It’s one of our favorites and is a weeknight staple!
Quesadillas: My kids love chicken quesadillas for lunch or dinner. The quesadillas literally take 5 minutes to make when we use this crockpot salsa chicken!
Salsa Chicken Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts , about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin or chili powder
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in the base of your crock pot. Sprinkle the cumin and a little bit of salt onto the chicken. Then pour the salsa over top.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or slow for 5-6 hours, or until the salsa chicken is tender and easily shreds. Shred and remove any extra fat.
- Salt and pepper to taste and add more salsa if desired. Keep on warm until ready to serve.
- Use this salsa chicken over rice and beans, in tacos, salads, enchiladas, quesadillas, soups and more!