Buffalo chicken sliders are made with soft, crispy toasted Hawaiian rolls filled with saucy tangy buffalo chicken topped with gooey melted cheese. They’re perfect for feeding a hungry crowd!
Table of Contents
Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Buffalo ranch chicken sliders are saucy, tangy, flavorful, and mini which makes them so fun to eat! The filling is zesty buffalo chicken topped with mozzarella and a drizzle of ranch dressing or even blue cheese dressing if you’d prefer. The top of these soft fluffy buns is brushed with melted butter infused with garlic and Italian seasoning. It’s then baked until the buns are golden brown and nicely toasted and the cheese has melted!
You can serve these as a whole sheet for people to pull apart themselves, or cut into individual handheld servings for a quick lunch or dinner. So good!
Make a big batch of instant pot buffalo chicken and use some for these buffalo sliders. If you have leftover shredded chicken from dinner, toss it around in some homemade buffalo sauce. No matter how you make your chicken, these always come together so easily.
It’s also a great way to use up leftover dinner rolls and this recipe is very forgiving when it comes to day-old bread. Once you have the filling taken care of, it’s just a matter of assembling and baking them. Budget-friendly entertaining made so easy!
How do I Keep my Sliders from Getting Soggy?
Baking the sandwiches to toast the bread is your best way to avoid soggy sliders. If you do decide to make a slider without toasting it, just know that the bread will absorb the sauce much more quickly.
Something else to keep in mind is to hold off on assembly just before baking. This way you won’t give your bread too much time to absorb anything, even if it is going to be toasted.
Ideas for Substitutions
This buffalo chicken sliders recipe is a hit for game day parties, birthday parties, feeding hungry kids, or as a pre-dinner snack. There are so many great ways to enjoy a good slider but my favorite has to be served on a platter for a family movie night with these ham and cheese sliders and meatball sliders so we can sample one (probably two) of each!
- Use blue cheese crumbles rather than the dressing.
- Skip the cheese and layer with creamy coleslaw instead.
- If you prefer the taste of BBQ sauce over buffalo sauce, feel free to switch it up.
- Whole slices of cheese will work if you don’t have shredded.
- Swap the mozzarella for a nice sharp cheddar instead.
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
Yes! You can definitely make the individual components ahead of time. Make the easiest shredded chicken or use a store-bought rotisserie chicken. You can make a couple of jars of homemade blue cheese and ranch dressing, and you can even whip together a quick buffalo sauce and keep it in the fridge until you need it.
Once it’s assembled it’s best to bake it right away. If you do really want to assemble them early on to save time, wait to add the dressing and melted butter, cover with foil and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to bake them.
Once the sliders have cooled completely, wrap them individually in foil and place them in a freezer-friendly bag. This way you can reheat only what you need! Thaw in the fridge overnight before warming them in the oven.
Favorite Sides to Serve with Them
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the rolls down the middle (keeping the bottom and top together) and set aside the tops. Then place the bottoms of the rolls in a 9×13" pan.
- Mix together the chicken and buffalo sauce, then place the chicken on top of the rolls in the pan. Then drizzle with ranch if desired. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the chicken. Then place the rolls on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Then drizzle over the top of the rolls.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!