Buffalo chicken wraps are a quick and easy way to have a healthy flavorful lunch on the go. A tortilla filled to the brim with saucy buffalo chicken, and fresh veggies, drizzled with a homemade ranch dressing!
I can’t stop finding reasons to make instant pot buffalo chicken! My entire family loves it and what’s so handy is that if you make a pot on the weekend, you’ve got lunch for the week. For everything from a low-carb buffalo chicken salad to a buffalo chicken sweet potato.
This buffalo chicken wrap recipe isn’t fancy and we are totally fine with that! It’s meant to be a simple wrap made fresh wholesome ingredients with taste and convenience in mind. The spicy buffalo chicken and the cool ranch dressing are a flavor combination worth celebrating. It’s THE BEST!
If you’re on the hunt for easy meal prep ideas, these buffalo wraps are your answer best because so much of it can be made ahead of time. I opt for homemade flour tortillas and I keep jars of blue cheese dressing and ranch dressing in the fridge handy. But in a pinch store-bought is just fine! Prep the veggies separately, pack your leftover meat and a couple of tortillas and you’ve got meal prep done in a minute.
You can of course enjoy it as a lunch on the go, or on nights when you feel like having a light dinner. Load it up with crisp lettuce, fresh tomatoes, creamy avocado, and sliced onion, and enjoy it as a complete, healthy, and satisfying meal!
- Don’t overfill. It’s tempting to load on ALL the toppings before wrapping up the tortilla. But make sure not to add too many, or else you’re wrap will be busting at the seams and the tortilla won’t fold. Add most of the toppings in the center and keep the sides empty (similar to picture above).
- Avocado. Find tips on how to cut an avocado. Learn how to navigate the big pit for uniform slices that fit perfectly inside your wrap.
- Roll like a burrito. Fold in the sides first, then roll up the wrap like you would a burrito. Make sure you roll it tightly, so that the wrap stays in tact when you cut it in half.
- Optional toppings. Cilantro and blue cheese crumbles add another layer of amazing flavor.
- Half wrap and salad. Cut the wrap in half and share it amongst two people as a side to a nice big bowl of soup.
- Shredded cheese. If you like a little cheese added to your wraps, shredded cheddar is a good choice.
- Easy swap. Use 2 cups store-bought rotisserie chicken and 1/4 cup buffalo sauce.
- Chicken. Whenever you’ve got some leftover crispy chicken strips or grilled chicken, toss them in this homemade buffalo sauce and follow this same recipe.
- Spice. Add more or less hot sauce depending on how spicy you like it.
- Lettuce wrap. Skip the tortilla and serve over a piece of bibb lettuce as buffalo chicken lettuce wraps.
More recipes you’ll love:
- Chicken caesar wrap
- Pulled pork quesadilla
- Chicken club lettuce wraps
- Grilled caprese sandwich
- Greek chicken gyro
Buffalo Chicken Wrap
Optional: Cilantro or blue cheese crumbles for topping
- Warm buffalo chicken if desired and prepare desired ingredients.
- Place the tortilla on a plate and add a lettuce leaf on top. Then spoon the chicken in the middle and top with diced tomatoes, avocado and red onion. Add a drizzle of ranch or blue cheese dressing. Fold in the sides of the tortilla and tightly roll the wrap up like a burrito.
- Slice in half and serve.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!