Oreo peanut butter pie is a decadent combination of sweet creamy peanut butter filling with a crunchy cookie base. Then, topped with even more ooey-gooey chocolate and peanut butter. This easy no-bake dessert has flavor and texture in every bite!
The classic flavor combination of this pie along with the things that make it so easy to make, are just some of the reasons you’ll be making this no-bake dessert for everything from holiday desserts to summer BBQs!
It’s always nice to end a meal on a satisfying high note, especially during the holidays. This is why I always love serving a pie with chocolate for Thanksgiving. This easy pie is perfect for both chocolate and peanut butter lovers! It presents beautifully and will have your guests ooh-ing and ahh-ing never knowing how easy it was to make!
The creamy peanut butter and cream cheese, sweetened with powdered sugar and whipped topping make a light and fluffy pie filling. The combination of smooth and crunchy is the stuff dreams are made of and the optional toppings elevate an already indulgent pie.
I usually make a few pie crusts at a time, using my homemade oreo pie crust. Then I freeze them until I’m ready to assemble. So much better than store bought and when they’re made ahead of time, just as easy! I have also had success freezing the entire pie and taking it out just before serving. It slices clean and thaws to its soft filling consistency quite quickly!
Oreo pie crust
- Butter (unsalted)
- Cream cheese (softened)
- Peanut butter (smooth)
- Powdered sugar
- Whipped topping (thawed)
- Pure vanilla extract
How to make peanut butter pie
For the crust
- Prep. Preheat the oven, melt butter and place cookies in the food processor to blend into crumbs.
- Stir. Pour crumbs into a bowl and stir in the melted butter, sugar and salt until combined.
- Press. Add crumbs to a 9-inch pie dish and press down firmly to form the base. Use a measuring cup to press down.
- Bake. Bake until lightly crispy, set aside to cool.
For the filling
- Beat. Place cream cheese and peanut butter into a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add. Add powdered sugar and continue mixing to combine. Fold in the whipped topping and vanilla.
- Chill. Pour filling onto the prepared crust, and spread evenly using a spatula. Chill in the fridge for at least an hour and remove just before serving.
Tips for success
- Use smooth peanut butter to get that velvety texture.
- If you have an offset spatula, that can make spreading out your filling much easier.
- Keep some extra Oreos and include them as part of your topping choices.
- Use store-bought crust if you’re in a pinch.
- The longer you chill the pie, the more time it has to set.
Storing & freezing
It will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days covered. You can also freeze it for up to 1 month in an airtight container.
More delicious desserts to try:
- Reese’s no-bake cheesecake
- Buckeye candy
- Peanut butter stuffed chocolate cookies
- Peanut butter M&M cookies
Oreo Peanut Butter Pie
OREO Pie Crust
Peanut butter filling
Optional toppings: Melted peanut butter, melted chocolate, reese's cups, reese's pieces,
- For the pie crust, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the Oreos in a food processor or blender and blend until they have turned into crumbs. Should be about 2 cups.
- Stir in the melted butter, sugar and salt until combined. Then press into a 9-inch pie dish. Use a measuring cup to press firmly.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the cream cheese and peanut butter in a medium size bowl and beat until smooth with an electric beater. Add the powdered sugar in and mix until smooth. Then fold in the whipped topping and vanilla.
- Chill in the freezer for atleast one hour. Remove just before serving. Slice into 10 slices.