Easy and delicious corn dog muffins recipe…the perfect appetizer for game day and something the whole family will love!
This is a sponsored post brought to you by Hebrew National, all opinions are my own :)
For this recipe I used my favorite fluffy bakery style cornbread muffins and turned them into delicious corn dog muffins.
This isn’t your traditional corn dog recipe, but these taste way better than the traditional corn dog in my opinion. The bread is sweet, soft and not dry like some of the corn bread muffins you may have tried. Then the hot dog in the center adds the perfect flavor.
These corndog muffins are always a hit and something my kids request weekly. They love adding them to their school lunch.
Easy Corn Dog Muffins are perfect for game day!
Corn Dog Muffins are also perfect for tailgating and make a great addition to any chili bar. If there’s one thing that gets me excited about fall it’s chili and cornbread! I’m getting so anxious for the leaves to start changing colors. It’s my favorite time of year.
We had a little tailgating party outside in the backyard to kick off the first football game so of course we had to have a chili bar and hot dogs. Now I have to admit… game day to me is all about the food. I love tailgating because I get to see my friends, the kids get to play and we eat amazing food. Oh and we watch football. ;)
We served hot dogs as well, because it ain’t no party without them! We used our favorite Hebrew National hot dogs, which are always a hit. You just can’t beat the flavor of 100% Kosher beef. Hebrew National is all about quality: premium cuts of beef never diluted with fillers, by-products or artificial colors and flavors.
I thought it would be fun to create some football utensil holders as well, so I added some white tape to the front of a large mason jar. Then I added brown utensils to the jar. Super cute and an easy way to dress up the table a little bit.
Then for dessert we had football ice cream sandwiches. They were a yummy treat! :)
Easy Corn Dog Muffins Recipe
Easy Corn Dog Muffins
- 3/4 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon table or fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 3 Hebrew National hot dogs cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a muffin pan generously with cooking spray. I prefer using a silicone baking pan. Set aside.
- Whisk together buttermilk, honey, and eggs in a small bowl.
- Stir together cornmeal, baking powder, flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add the milk mixture and stir just until combined. Finally, stir in the melted butter.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan 2/3 the way full. Place the hot dog into the center of the muffin.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Test with a toothpick to make sure the center comes clean. Remove to a cooling rack.
This post was brought to you by Hebrew National, a brand I trust. Thanks for supporting the brands that support I Heart Naptime. Check out their website or follow them on Facebook and Pinterest for more recipe inspiration.