These meatball sliders are the perfect EASY appetizer to make for your next party! Made with Hawaiian rolls, meatballs, marinara, mozzarella and topped with a delicious butter and Parmesan seasoning.
Table of Contents
Meatball Sliders on Hawaiian Rolls
With the Super Bowl coming up, I thought I would share these delicious meatball sliders that happen to be one of our favorite game day snacks! These meatball sliders will definitely be on the menu, as well as our buffalo chicken dip, little smokies and jalapeno poppers.
These meatball sliders are really easy to make and are the perfect appetizer for both kids and adults. We still love the classic ham and cheese sliders or breakfast sliders with bacon, but it’s definitely fun to switch it up sometimes…especially if we have leftover homemade meatballs.
The parmesan topping on the meatball sliders is really what makes them. It’s buttery, cheesy and full of Italian flavors. Plus you can’t beat the gooey melted mozzarella cheese.
Ingredients for Meatball Sliders
The ingredients for these meatball sliders are so simple!
- Hawaiian rolls: You can use any kind of dinner roll, however I prefer Hawaiian rolls because they are super soft.
- Meatballs: You can buy store bought in the frozen sections. I also like to use my homemade meatballs.
- Marinara: I love homemade sauce, but usually use a good quality store bought jar.
- Mozzarella: You could use sliced or shredded.
- Butter: I prefer using salted butter for extra flavor.
- Italian seasoning: This adds the perfect flavor. Here is my homemade Italian seasoning.
- Parmesan: Adds a great cheesy taste on top.
How to Make Meatball Sliders
The assembly for these meatball sliders is pretty easy. Check out how to get started below. Scroll down for the printable meatball slider recipe.
- Butter a 9×13 dish and then place the bottom half of the rolls into the pan.
- Place a meatball on top of each roll and then top with marinara. Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Then place top of the rolls on.
- Pour butter mixture over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes.
- Uncover and bake and additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Do you Make your own Meatballs or use Frozen?
I’ve used both! If I have the time, I prefer to cook homemade meatballs. I think they have a little more flavor. You can definitely use frozen meatballs though, as long as they are cooked! Both turn out super yummy!
Can you Make Meatball Sliders Ahead of Time?
Sure! Just assemble them earlier, cover with foil and stick in the fridge. Then bake once ready to serve. So easy!
We love to serve these with cheesy funeral potatoes! Comfort food dining at its finest.
More Easy Appetizer Ideas
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter a 9×13 dish and then place the bottom half of the rolls into the pan. Place a meatball on top of each roll and then top evenly with marinara. Sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Meanwhile, stir together the butter, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Then place top of the rolls on. Pour butter mixture over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes. Uncover and bake and additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!