These Meatball Sliders are the perfect EASY appetizer to make for your next party! Made with Hawaiian rolls, meatballs, marinara, mozzarella and topped with a delicious butter and Parmesan seasoning.
With the Super Bowl coming up, I thought I would share these delicious meatball sliders that happen to be one of our favorite game day snacks! I’m already planning what we’re going to make and these easy meatball sliders will definitely be on the menu, as well as buffalo chicken dip, little smokies and jalapeno poppers. We all know I’m all about the food when it comes to sports. ;)
Meatball sliders on Hawaiian rolls
Since the Super Bowl is around the corner, I wanted to share this meatball sliders recipe that everyone always raves about! They’re really easy to make and are the perfect appetizer for both kids and adults. We still love the classic ham and cheese sliders, but it’s definitely fun to switch it up sometimes…especially if we have leftover homemade meatballs.
The parmesan topping on the meatball sliders is really what makes them. It’s buttery, cheesy and full of Italian flavors. Plus you can’t beat the gooey melted mozzarella cheese…I mean look at it! YUM!
Ingredients for meatball sliders
The ingredients for these meatball sliders are so simple! You can use any kind of roll, however I prefer Hawaiian rolls because they are super soft. I also like to use homemade meatballs. When I make the meatballs, I always double the batch and freeze half (specifically for this meatball slider recipe). Then I can just thaw them overnight and they are ready to use the next day!
- Hawaiian rolls
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
How to make meatball sliders
The assembly for these meatball sliders is pretty easy. Check out how to get started below. Scroll down for the printable meatball slider recipe.
- Butter a 9×13 dish and then place the bottom half of the rolls into the pan.
- Place a meatball on top of each roll and then top with marinara. Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Then place top of the rolls on.
- Pour butter mixture over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes.
- Uncover and bake and additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Do you make your own meatballs or use frozen?
I’ve used both! If I have the time, I prefer to cook homemade meatballs. I think they have a little more flavor. You can definitely use frozen meatballs though, as long as they are cooked! Both turn out super yummy!
Can you make meatball sliders ahead of time?
Sure! Just assemble them earlier, cover with foil and stick in the fridge. Then bake once ready to serve. So easy!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Stir together the butter, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Butter a 9×13 dish and then place the bottom half of the rolls into the pan. Place a meatball on top of each roll and then top with marinara. Sprinkle mozzarella on top. Then place top of the rolls on. Pour butter mixture over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes. Uncover and bake and additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is melted.