Mummy Hot Dogs – The easiest Halloween appetizer that takes only 2 ingredients to make! So fun, festive and delicious. Serve mummy dogs with spooky spider web sauce for the ultimate Halloween experience!
My kids absolutely love these mummy dogs and request them every year. They make the perfect Halloween appetizer. You could also serve them for Halloween dinner with a bowl of warm chili.
Hot dog mummies
These hot dog mummies are SO easy to make and take only 2 simple ingredients: hot dogs and crescent rolls! They are great to make for Halloween and are the perfect festive party appetizer. My kids always go crazy over them!
I love making mini mummy hot dogs with lil’ smokies too. They are so cute! You could also always make your own homemade pizza dough to make these mummy hot dogs, but Halloween night is usually a little hectic at our house so we go with easy. ;)
How to make mummy hot dogs
These Halloween hot dog mummies are so simple to make…it really doesn’t get any easier than this! They come together in just 20 minutes, too! Follow the steps below to get started and scroll down for the printable mummy hot dog recipe.
1. First separate the dough and then seal the 2 triangles together to create a rectangle.
2. Then use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to create 1/4″ strips of dough.
3. Wrap 2-4 strips around the hot dogs to create the mummy look.
4. Place hot dog mummies on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes (until golden brown).
How to make mini mummy hot dogs
To make the mini hot dog mummies, simply follow the same steps as making the regular mummy dogs, however just use a pack of lil’ smokies instead. I like to make both regular and mini sized…it’s fun to have some variation. Plus my kids love the minis, too!
Once the mummy hot dogs are done, you can add 2 eyes with mustard and a toothpick or leave them without. Cute and creepy all at the same time!
Spider web sauce for mummy dogs
We love to make this spider web sauce to dip the mummy hot dogs in. All you need is some ketchup and mustard.
1. Pour the ketchup into a bowl.
2. Next draw a few circles on top with the mustard.
3. Then use a toothpick to draw the lines to create the web.
Super easy and the kids love to dip the mummy dogs into it!
Frequently asked questions about mummy hot dog recipe
How long do you cook mummy hot dogs? I like to bake my mummy hot dogs for about 10 minutes. The crescent rolls get perfectly golden brown are are soft and fluffy. Depending on your oven, it could be a little more or a little less. Just keep an eye on them!
Can you make hot dog mummies ahead of time? Yes! You can absolutely make the mummy dogs ahead of time. Just wrap the dough around the hot dogs and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Then when you’re ready, just simply pop the wrapped hot dogs in the oven. So easy!
How do you make mummy hot dogs recipe from scratch? To make the mummy hot dogs from scratch, you can just simply make your own homemade dough to wrap around them. I like to use my homemade pizza dough. It’s really simple and only needs to rise for 20 minutes!
- 8 hot dogs (1 package)
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent (1 can, I use the original Pillsbury)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Unroll the dough and then press the perforations to seal, creating 4 rectangles. Then cut strips about 1/4".
- Wrap the dough around the hot dogs and then place on the pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
These mummy hot dogs are one of our favorite Halloween recipes. Enjoy! :)