These mummy hot dogs are the easiest Halloween appetizer that takes only 2 ingredients to make! So fun, festive and delicious. Serve with spooky spider web sauce for the ultimate Halloween experience!
Halloween Mummy Dogs
My kids absolutely love these mummy dogs and request them every year. They make the perfect Halloween appetizer. You could also serve them for Halloween dinner with a warm bowl of homemade chili.
These hot dog mummies are SO easy to make and take only 2 simple ingredients: hot dogs and crescent rolls! They are great to make for Halloween and are the perfect festive party appetizer. My kids always go crazy over them!
I love making mini mummy hot dogs with lil’ smokies too. They are so cute and taste just like pigs in a blanket. You could also always make your own homemade pizza dough to make them, but Halloween night is usually a little hectic at our house so we go with easy. ;)
How to make mummy hot dogs
These Halloween hot dogs are so simple to make and come together in just 20 minutes…it really doesn’t get any easier than this! Scroll down for the printable recipe.
1. Seal. First separate the dough and then seal the 2 triangles together to create a rectangle.
2. Cut. Then use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to create 1/4″ strips of dough.
3. Wrap. Wrap 2-4 strips around the hot dogs to create the mummy look.
4. Bake. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes (until golden brown)
Once they’re done, you can add 2 eyes with mustard and a toothpick or leave them without. You could even stick on some candy eyes if you’d like. Cute and creepy all at the same time!
Mini mummy dogs
To make the mini version, simply follow the same steps as making the regular mummy dogs, however use a pack of lil’ smokies instead. I like to make both regular and mini sized…it’s fun to have some variation. Plus my kids love the minis, too!
Spooky spider web sauce
We love to make this spooky spider web sauce for dipping. It’s super fun and festive and is so easy to prepare. All you need is some ketchup and mustard.
1. Pour the ketchup into a bowl.
2. Next draw a few circles on top with the mustard.
3. Then use a toothpick to draw the lines to create the web.
Super easy and the kids love to dip the mummy dogs into it!
Making ahead of time
What’s great about this recipe is that you can easily prepare the mummy dogs in advance. Just wrap the dough around the hot dogs and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Then when you’re ready, simply pop the wrapped hot dogs in the oven. So easy and they’ll be done baking in just 10 minutes!
More recipes for Halloween:
- 8 hot dogs (1 package)
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent (1 can, I use the original Pillsbury)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a pan with parchment paper. Unroll the dough and then press the perforations to seal, creating 4 rectangles. Then cut strips about 1/4".
- Wrap the dough around the hot dogs and then place on the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before serving. Serve while warm.