Easy Greek salad recipe with chopped veggies, feta cheese and a simple homemade dressing. Full of fresh flavor and made in less than 30 minutes!
If you’re looking for a delicious salad full of veggies, this Greek salad recipe is perfect for you. It’s a great way to incorporate those fresh summer flavors and is always a hit. Some of my other favorites are a big chopped salad, Italian salad, Cobb salad or taco salad.
Easy Greek salad
I love to make a big Greek salad during the summer time. It’s simple, pretty and the perfect way to incorporate fresh veggies. Plus the homemade dressing is super tasty and easy to whip up.
Authentic Greek salads include a simple dressing made with olive oil and vinegar, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, olives and feta cheese. Lots of feta cheese!
This Greek salad was a huge hit at our BBQ…I’ll definitely be bringing it as a side dish again! Everyone went for seconds and the bowl was empty soon after it started. You can even serve the Greek salad with grilled chicken and warm pita bread to make this a complete meal. So delicious!
What’s it made of?
The Greek salad ingredients are fresh and full of flavor. It’s similar to my tomato cucumber salad, but with the addition of bell peppers, olives and extra feta. YUM!
Feel free to add in extras like chickpeas, avocados or chicken. You could even use other types of dressing, like vinaigrette, balsamic or ranch. They might not have those distinct Greek flavors, but still taste yummy!
- English cucumber
- Grape tomatoes
- Red onion
- Yellow bell pepper
- Kalamata or black olives
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
How to make Greek salad
Scroll down for the printable Greek salad recipe.
- Whisk together Greek salad dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, oregano and parsley. S&P to taste, then set aside.
- Add veggies to a bowl, then pour dressing over. Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, olives and feta in a medium bowl. Then pour the dressing on top and toss until combined.
- Adjust to taste, then refrigerate. Add more feta and parsley as desired. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate salad at least 15 minutes before serving.
This Greek salad recipe will keep in the fridge for about 3 days if sealed in an airtight container. You can also make it ahead of time if you prefer.
However I’d recommend only preparing it 1 day in advance, so that the vegetables stay crisp and fresh. On the day of serving, you can add in a little more dressing before serving to give it more moisture if needed.
What to serve with Greek salad
You can serve this Greek salad recipe as both a main dish or a side dish. When serving as an entree, I like to add some grilled chicken or chickpeas for protein. If serving as a side, below are some yummy options to accompany it with:
Other dishes with Greek flavors:
- Mediterranean Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Pesto Chicken Pasta Salad
- Orzo Salad with Vinaigrette
- 5-Layer Greek Dip
Greek Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley , more to taste
- S&P, to taste
- 1 English cucumber , quartered
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper , chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata or black olives , sliced in half
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, oregano and parsley in a small bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, olives and feta in a medium-sized bowl. Then pour the dressing over the top and toss until combined.
- Add more feta and parsley as desired. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving.