Easy Greek salad recipe with chopped veggies, feta cheese and a simple homemade dressing. Full of fresh flavor and made in less than 30 minutes!
If you’re looking for a delicious salad full of veggies, this Greek salad is perfect for you. It’s a great way to incorporate those fresh summer flavors and use fresh veggies from the garden. It’s similar to my tomato cucumber salad, but with the addition of bell peppers, olives and extra feta. YUM!
I love to make a big Greek salad during the summer time. It’s simple, pretty and the perfect way to incorporate fresh veggies. Plus the homemade dressing is super tasty and easy to whip up. Authentic Greek salads include a simple dressing made with olive oil and vinegar, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, olives and feta cheese. Lots of feta cheese!
This Greek salad was a huge hit at our BBQ…I’ll definitely be bringing it as a side dish again! Everyone went for seconds and the bowl was empty soon after it started. You can even serve it with grilled chicken and warm pita bread or naan bread to make this a complete meal. So delicious!
Below are the base ingredients. Feel free to add in extras like chickpeas or sliced avocado.
- Veggies: This salad is full of chopped cucumbers, grape tomatoes, red onion and yellow bell peppers. I like to use English cucumbers and grape tomatoes because they’re more crisp and firm, so they hold up well in the salad.
- Olives: Kalamata olives or black olives will both work. I know olives are hit or miss with most people, so you can leave them out if you’re not a fan.
- Cheese: You can’t have a Greek salad without feta cheese. And lots of it, too!
- Dressing: The homemade dressing is made with a mixture of olive oil, red wine vinegar, dried oregano and fresh chopped parsley.
How to make Greek salad
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- DRESSING. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, oregano and parsley. S&P to taste, then set aside.
- COMBINE. Combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, olives and feta in a medium bowl. Then pour the dressing on top and toss until combined.
- CHILL. Add more feta and parsley as desired. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate salad at least 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe will keep in the fridge for about 3 days if sealed in an airtight container. You can also make it ahead of time if you prefer, although I’d recommend only preparing it 1 day in advance so that the vegetables stay crisp and fresh. On the day of serving, you can add in a little more dressing to give it more moisture if needed.
What to serve with
You can serve this Greek salad as both a main dish or a side dish. When serving as an entree, I like to add some grilled chicken or chickpeas for protein. If serving as a side, below are some yummy options to accompany it with:
- Pita bread and hummus or dill dip
- Greek chicken burgers
- Chicken gyro
- Chicken kabobs, steak kabobs or lamb skewers
Other dishes with Greek flavors:
Greek Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley , more to taste
- S&P, to taste
- 1 English cucumber , quartered
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper , chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata or black olives , sliced in half
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, oregano and parsley in a small bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, olives and feta in a medium-sized bowl. Then pour the dressing over the top and toss until combined.
- Add more feta and parsley as desired. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate at least 15 minutes before serving.