The easiest sugar cookie recipe that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day! These sprinkle sugar cookies are super soft, tender on the inside and deliciously sweet. Much easier than cut out cookies!
If you’re looking for a no roll sugar cookie recipe, I’ve got the perfect one for you. I absolutely LOVE my classic sugar cookie recipe, but sometimes I just don’t have the time to make those. My kids love this easy version just as much, so we make it when I’m in a time crunch!
My kids are always asking me to make sugar cookies with sprinkles. They love picking out the colors and for these ones they picked out a mixed variation, pink and red. Perfect for Valentine’s Day! The possibilities are endless with different colors.
Some of you may know of these as cream cheese sugar cookies. The addition of cream cheese to the dough adds the perfect texture. I found this recipe on All Recipes a couple years back and have tweaked it a bit over the years. It is so easy and delicious!
How to make Valentine sugar cookies
MIX. Start by creaming together the butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add the sugar and mix an additional minute. Then mix in the egg, vanilla and almond extract.
Slowly add in the flour and baking powder. Start with 2 1/2 cups flour and add an additional 1/4 cup if the dough is too sticky. Mix just until combined. I like to chill my dough for 30 minutes to an hour before baking, however this is optional. It just makes the dough easier to work with.
ROLL. Scoop out the dough, then roll in between your hands. Roll the dough balls into a bowl of sprinkles (or granulated sugar) and place on a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Press the dough balls down with the bottom of a cup.
BAKE. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly golden. Let cool on pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- You can absolutely make these sugar cookies without sprinkles. If I don’t roll them in sprinkles, I like to roll them in sugar.
- You could even put a candy heart in the center to dress them up a bit.
- If you’re feeling extra fancy, you can add a Hershey Kiss to the center of the cookies.
- Sometimes we add an easy sugar cookie icing on top. It adds the perfect sweetness!
More easy treats for Valentine’s Day:
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Fudgy M&M Brownie Cookies
- Pink Velvet Cupcakes
Valentine Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup salted butter , softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour , more if needed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sprinkles , sanding sugar or granulated sugar, for rolling
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. Add the sugar and mix an additional minute. Add in the egg, vanilla and almond extract and mix until combined. Slowly add 2 1/2 cups flour and the baking powder. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour if the dough is too sticky. Mix, just until combined. Note: The dough will be a little sticky and refrigerating it will help. Cover the dough and chill for 1 hour. Place sprinkles (or granulated sugar) into a bowl if desired and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a medium cookie scoop or Tablespoon, spoon out the dough. Roll in between two hands and then roll into the sprinkles or sugar (whichever desired). Place onto the pan 2 inches a part and press down with the bottom of a cup. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the bottoms are lightly golden. Allow to cool on the pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Store in a airtight container.
Hope you enjoy these Valentine’s Day cookies! I can’t wait to make them again with my little ones soon. Enjoy! :)