This easy eggnog french toast is the perfect recipe for your Christmas morning or holiday brunch! It’s golden, rich and full of delicious eggnog flavor.
While I love classic french toast, it’s fun to enjoy other variations…especially during the holidays! This french toast using eggnog is always on rotation during the Christmas season, as well as my overnight french toast with berries and french bread french toast.
With Christmas right around the corner, I wanted to share a delicious Christmas morning breakfast idea with you. This eggnog french toast is simple to make and tastes so rich and delicious! It’s the perfect way to incorporate a popular seasonal flavor that everyone goes crazy for.
We love eggnog at our house and always make a few eggnog flavored recipes during the holidays, like eggnog fudge or eggnog cookies. I always seem to have leftover eggnog and this recipe was the perfect way to use it up!
This dish is perfect to add to your Christmas morning menu and has all of the delicious flavors that everyone loves….eggnog, cinnamon and nutmeg. To top it all off, drizzle some maple syrup, cinnamon pancake syrup or even buttermilk syrup. Seriously so delicious!
No complicated ingredients needed for this recipe. Just use your leftover eggnog and other simple pantry staples to get started.
- All-purpose flour
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
How to make eggnog french toast
Step 1: Combine eggnog mixture
Add eggnog, flour, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a blender and pulse until smooth. You can also whisk together the ingredients in a bowl until smooth.
Step 2: Dip bread into mixture, then cook
Dip the thick bread into the eggnog mixture and flip evenly to coat. Then place the bread on a buttered griddle (preheated to 350°F) or buttered skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 minutes per side, or until lightly golden brown.
Step 3: Serve and enjoy!
Serve immediately with all your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
To keep warm for a crowd
If making a big batch for a crowd, you can easily keep this dish warm by popping it in the oven. Simply transfer the cooked eggnog french toast to a baking sheet and place in the oven at 175°F until ready to serve. This helps keep it warm, but won’t dry it out or overcook it.
Just when you thought this french toast using eggnog couldn’t get any more delicious, try adding on your favorite toppings! I like to keep it classic with butter and syrup, but there are so many yummy options to choose from.
More holiday breakfast ideas:
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Casserole
- Fluffy German Pancakes
- Ham and Cheese Quiche
- The Perfect Crepe Recipe
- Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Skillet
Eggnog French Toast Recipe
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 12 slices thick bread (I prefer brioche)
Optional toppings: berries, fresh fruit, powdered sugar, nutella, caramel, whipped cream, jam, syrup
- Place the eggnog, flour, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Alternatively place in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Preheat a griddle to 350°F or a skillet over medium-high heat. Butter before placing the bread on.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture and flip to evenly coat. Then place the bread on the griddle and cook 2 minutes per side (or until lightly golden brown). Whisk the egg mixture as needed.
- Serve immediately or place on a baking sheet in the oven at 175°F to keep it warm. Top with your favorite toppings.