Holiday Eggnog Pie… a new, delicious favorite recipe to surprise family and friends! All the delicious flavors of drinking eggnog, but in a delectable pie version!
I’m thrilled to be sharing my Holiday Eggnog Pie with you because it’s become my new favorite recipe this season! And I have a secret to share. I do not like to drink eggnog. Like, at all. Maybe it’s because I can’t get past that my mind think it’s going to be milk when I drink it. I don’t know, but it’s my husbands all time favorite drink.
I really do love the idea of a festive drink for the holidays. It’s been a tradition for my husband’s family for years as I’m sure it is for most of you. And if you know me, I love traditions. Especially those around Christmas time.
When I was thinking about making a new dessert this year, my mind was drawn to eggnog and how I could incorporate it into something. My mind immediately went to pie and I’m sure glad it did! This pie is pretty fantastic.
Holiday Eggnog Pie is incredibly easy to make!
It’s really easy to make. Other than the crust, it’s no bake and comes together in minutes. I like to use pre-made crusts and bake them myself. Feel free to use your favorite recipe or this might even be good with a graham cracker crust or gingersnap crust!
The filling is super creamy and only has a few ingredients that you can keep on hand all month long! It’s also one of the recipes that you can make a day or two ahead and it’s just as yummy!
If you love this delicious and festive dessert, you’ll enjoy these too!
- 1 Premade Crust (or graham cracker crust)
- 3.4 ounce (box) Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1 1/2 Cups Eggnog (milk based, I prefer Shamrocks)
- 1 cup whipped topping (cool whip, softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For topping: whipped cream or cool whip
- Bake crust according to package or recipe directions. Let it cool completely before filling.
- In a medium bowl whip together pudding, eggnog and cinnamon for two minutes on medium speed. Then fold in cool whip.
- Pour filling into cooled crust and gently spread out evenly. Chill in the refrigerator until firm (about 2-3 hours) and ready to serve.
- Top with whipped cream before serving. Add a dash of cinnamon on top if desired.