With only 4-ingredients these are fantastic combination between rice krispie treats and fruity pebbles cereal. These perfectly gooey and soft fruity pebbles treats are destined to be your new favorite no-bake dessert!
Table of Contents
The Best Gooey, Fruit Treat
Okay friends, rice krispie treats are NORMALLY not my weakness…but these fruity pebbles treats sure got me! I love fruity pebbles, so I thought it would be yummy to combine the two. And boy, was that a great idea :)
These bars are now one of my favorite rice krispie treats variations, although this scotcheroos recipe with peanut butter and chocolate will always have a place in my heart, too.
Seriously the addition of the fruity cereal is SOO good! It adds the perfect hint of sweetness and is a fun way to jazz up the classic recipe. The bars are perfectly gooey from the marshmallows, with a soft and delicious texture that will leave you craving another bite. Trust me, this easy dessert is addicting!
Why You Will Love this Recipe
- Flavorful: Adding fruity cereal adds so much flavor to these treats!
- Colorful: These fruity pebble bars have so much eye appeal with no need to add any other decorations. They are perfect for birthdays, bake sales or any time you need a quick snack.
- Simple to make: Easy to make in only a few steps with 4 ingredients!
- Gooey: They are ooey and gooey with mini marshmallows making them an instant hit.
Fruity Pebbles Treats Recipe Ingredients
- Butter: While unsalted butter is usually the norm in baking, salted butter actually provides a nice balance with the sweet cereal.
- Mini marshmallows: You will need a 16 ounce bag of fresh mini marshmallows. That is equal to around 8-10 cups if you are measuring by volume.
- Fruity pebbles cereal: Original fruity pebbles, although if they have released any special flavors that works, too!
- Rice Krispies: Original crispy rice cereal is best to use for these fruity pebbles rice crispy treats.
- All fruity pebbles. If you love fruity pebbles, feel free to replace the rice krispies cereal with the fruity cereal instead. They will be sweeter this way, but oh so delicious!
- Cocoa pebbles. For a richer variation, sub fruity pebbles for cocoa pebbles.
- Vanilla extract: Just a small amount adds additional flavor.
How to Make Fruity Pebbles Treats
This fruity pebbles treats recipe comes together quickly in only 15 minutes!
- Melt butter and marshmallows. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat then add 7-8 cups mini marshmallows and stir until your marshmallows are almost melted. Remove immediately from the heat.
- Stir in cereal. Stir in both cereals to the melted marshmallows and add your remaining 2-3 cups of mini marshmallows. Stir gently until the cereal is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Press in 9×13 pan. Add fruity pebbles mixture to a baking dish lined with foil and press down with a spoon coated in butter or wax paper to compact and make an even layer.
- Cool and serve. Let your fruity pebbles treats cool before slicing, I find this usually takes about 30 minutes but you speed the process up and put the bars in the refrigerator to chill if you need them sooner.
- Line pan. For easier removal, line your baking dish with foil or parchment paper and then butter or spray the foil with cooking spray. This keeps the marshmallows from sticking to the pan.
- Thickness. For thinner bars, use a 9×13″ pan. For thicker bars, use a 9×9″ pan.
- Low heat. Slowly melting the butter and marshmallows over low heat is what gives these bars that beloved gooey and soft texture. Low and slow is the key for the perfect fruity pebbles rice krispie treats.
- Press into pan. To ensure that they are even and compact, push down with a spoon coated in butter or wax paper.
- Let cool. Before cutting into squares, let the bars cool completely so that they’ll hold their shape. If you’d like to speed up the cooling process, try sticking the pan in the fridge for a bit.
- Cutting. I’ve found that a plastic knife works best when cutting these fruity pebbles treats. This recipe will make enough for about 16-18 medium-sized squares, or 9-10 larger squares.
That will work when you are melting the butter with the marshmallows, but you will need to cut them into pieces when you fold them in with the cereal otherwise they are too large.
While technically yes the texture will be different so I would advise not to use any marshmallow cream from a jar and use regular mini marshmallows instead.
If you melted your marshmallows over too high of a heat or left them over the heat for too long there is a risk that your bars will turn out hard as a rock.
These never last past a day in my house but if you have leftovers you can store them at room temperature for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
To keep them soft, store any leftovers in an airtight container or zip top bag. They will stay fresh for up to 3 days if stored properly, although they never last that long at my house! :)
More delicious cereal desserts include no-bake cornflake cookies, cereal bars and golden graham bars!
More Marshmallow Desserts
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Fruity Pebbles Treats
- 5 Tablespoons salted butter
- 16 ounce mini marshmallows
- 4 cups fruity pebbles , about 1/2 a box
- 2 cups rice krispies , or sub for all fruity pebbles
- Line a 9×13″ (or 9×9" for thick bars) baking dish with foil or parchment paper and butter. Set aside. Then melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 7-8 cups marshmallows and stir until almost melted. Then remove from the heat.
- Next, stir in the cereal and remaining 2-3 cups of mini marshmallows. Mix until completely coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Add mixture to baking dish and press down with a spoon coated in butter or wax paper to compact and level out surface.
- Let cool before slicing. I find using a plastic knife to cut them works best.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
It was a really huge hit huge with my kids!
What an easy and simple dessert recipe! These look so delicious and yummy! The kids are going to love this recipe. So excited to make this.
Made these for my daughter to sell at her little neighborhood lemonade stand, and they sold like hotcakes! Such a fun twist on rice crispy treats!
IM GOING TO FIX THIS RECIPE WITH THE CAKE MIX BECAUSE I WASN’T AND I WANT TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE TEXTURE.
Where do you come up with these awesome treats and recipes. They are so totally flipping awesome
Thank you! :)
My kids LOVE sprinkles! Thank you! They went crazy for these!
I’m so glad they were a hit! :)
Yum! I love how colorful & gooey they are! Rice krispies are the best & easiest treat!
OMGoodness!!! I am SO making those!! :) We’ve been hooked on fruity pebble treats all summer, so I have to make them!
Thank you for sharing! ♥
Hope you enjoy!!
OMG these are SUPER cute!! MY kids would LOVE them!!
My kids would go crazy for these! So fun!