Easy homemade fry sauce made with just 4 simple ingredients. This sauce has tons of flavor and is perfect for dipping french fries!
This stuff is addicting! Once you try it, you’ll never eat french fries without it. It tastes similar to my homemade burger sauce, but has a smoother consistency without relish. You can even use it for hamburgers too. Just spread a little on the bun before serving!
I was first introduced to fry sauce when visiting family in Utah several years ago and I instantly fell in love. It is the only sauce I want to dip my fries in. Okay, or maybe some homemade ranch dressing too. It’s perfectly creamy with a sweet and tangy taste. It only takes a couple minutes to whip up and adds the perfect flavor to homemade french fries. So yummy!
4 simple ingredients
- Ketchup: Adds sweetness and gives it that famous orange/red color
- Mayo: Makes it super creamy and helps balance out the tang from the vinegar and ketchup
- Seasoned salt: Lawry’s is my favorite and adds great flavor
- Vinegar: I used white vinegar, but you could use apple cider vinegar, relish or even pickle juice
How to make fry sauce
- COMBINE all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- STIR the mixture with a spoon until smooth and creamy.
- TASTE and adjust seasonings as needed.
TIP: For an extra punch of flavor, try adding a pinch of garlic powder or dash of hot sauce. You can also add a spoonful or two more ketchup if desired.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator. The fry sauce will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Make sure to give it a big stir before each use.
Serve fry sauce with:
Fry Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2-3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 Tablespoon Lawry's seasoning salt
Optional: pinch of garlic powder or S&P
- Combine the mayo, ketchup, vinegar and Lawry's in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Taste and add in extra salt and pepper if desired. You can also stir in a pinch of garlic powder if you'd like to add a little extra punch. You can also adjust the taste to your liking by adding in an additional 1-3 teaspoons of ketchup.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Stays fresh for up to 2 weeks.