These baked parmesan potato wedges are crispy, salty and tender on the inside. So easy to make and are sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Growing up, when someone asked me what my favorite food was…it was always potatoes! Now don’t get me wrong, they are still one of my favorite foods, but I don’t know that I would say that anymore. However, I love pretty much ANY kind of potato (besides potato salad), and could eat them every day and not get sick of them!
One of my favorite ways to make them is to bake them in the oven! Baked potato wedges taste just as good as regular wedges, but you don’t have to fry them. Recently, we’ve been making this parmesan version and the added layer of cheese really takes them over the top! It adds great flavor and makes them extra crispy.
Cutting potatoes into wedges
Achieving that perfect wedge shape is easier than you think. Simply follow these steps:
- Cut the potato in half length wise.
- Place flat side down and cut in half again. You should now have 4 pieces.
- Cut each piece into 2-3 slices depending on how thick it is. Each potato will give you about 8-10 wedges.
The key to crispy potato wedges
I find these potato wedges perfectly crispy just by baking them in the oven. The parmesan coating adds an extra crunch and leaves them crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
If you want extra crispy potato wedges, the trick is to soak them in hot water before baking. Once you’ve sliced them, place the wedges in a bowl with warm water to soak for about 10 minutes. This helps release some of the starch, making it easier to absorb moisture. Then dry them off before baking.
How long do you bake them?
Once you’ve seasoned the wedges, place them on a baking sheet and bake at 400°F for about 25-35 minutes. The baking time will vary depending on your oven and how crispy you like them. Just be sure to keep an eye on them once they hit the 20 minute mark.
While they taste amazing on their own, I never miss an opportunity to dip my potato wedges in a yummy sauce. My absolute favorite dipping sauce is ranch. It pairs perfectly with the garlic and parmesan flavors. Regular ketchup and honey mustard also taste great.
Sometimes I’ll even make an easy fry sauce with a combination of mayo and ketchup (1/4 cup mayo, 1 1/2 Tablespoons ketchup and a dash of seasoned salt). May sound strange, but it is so yummy!
More baked veggies:
Parmesan Potato Wedges Recipe
- 4 russet potatoes (unpeeled, washed and dried)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (more to taste)
Optional: Ranch for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil for easy clean up and spray with non-stick spray.
- Slice potatoes in half. Then slice each half into 4-5 wedges. Place in a zip top bag. Pour the olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, pepper into the bag and shake until well coated. Spread out onto the pan, skin facing down.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until tender. Remove from oven and season with more salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy while hot!