No-bake sugar cookie truffles made with only 4 ingredients! An easy and delicious treat for the holidays.
I don’t know about you, but this time of year I love making sugar cookies, truffles, fudge and just about any other treat! Now combine my love of sugar cookies and truffles to make these yummy treats!
These sugar cookies are made with crushed sugar cookies, cream cheese and vanilla. They are then dipped in white chocolate and have sprinkles added to make them festive. If you’re looking for a milk chocolate truffle, make sure to check out my cookie dough truffles and brownie truffles. You could also use a milk chocolate coating with these sugar cookie truffles, but I think the white and red coating is more fun for the holidays.
To get started you’ll want to make sure to use hard (not soft) sugar cookies. I used store bought for this post (the pepperidge farm ones) because they had the right texture, but I’ve also used homemade sugar cookies that were a few days old. You definitely don’t want burnt sugar cookies, just not fresh out of the oven cookies or they won’t crumble in the blender or food processor.
I also love to use almond bark or melting wavers for dipping the truffles in. I used these red candy melts from Wilton to get the bright red. I don’t love melting down white chocolate chips for these… it never seems to have that super smooth consistency I’m looking for.
The trick to get the chocolate to look smooth is to 1. dip fast and 2. use a fork and tap the truffle on the edge of the bowl to remove any excess. Once I place them on the wax paper I also like to use a tooth pick to draw a circle around the truffle so it doesn’t keep the splatters. ;)
Sugar cookie truffles recipe
Sugar cookie truffles
- 15 sugar cookies , hard not soft
- 2-3 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate melting wafers
- Optional: sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or freezer paper.
- Place the cookies in a blender or food processor and blend until they have turned into fine crumbs. Add in the cream cheese and vanilla, pulse until it has combined. Using a small cookie scoop or Tablespoon scoop out the dough and roll into balls. Then place onto the baking sheet. Freeze for about 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave bowl for 1 minute. Stir until smooth and melt for an additional 15-30 seconds if needed.
- Dip the truffle balls into the chocolate using a fork. Tap the fork on the side of the bowl and then place back onto the lined baking sheet. Use a toothpick to help slide the ball off onto the pan. Add sprinkles immediately after dipping each ball.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Inspired by: If You Give A Blonde A Kitchen
Looking for more holiday desserts? You’ll love these too: