Chocolate peanut butter protein balls – tastes like no bake cookies but healthier! Theses make the perfect pre-work out snack, breakfast or dessert!
Energy balls have been my jam lately. I’m nursing right now, so I am hungry 24/7! Is it just me, or do the cravings hit even harder when nursing than pregnant? Holy cow. Give me all the chocolate!
These chocolate protein balls are packed with protein so have helped kept me full longer. They are seriously SO good! The texture is perfect and they are almost like eating cookie dough. They are my go to snack whenever the chocolate cravings hit! So much healthier than grabbing a reeses and much more satisfying! My kids love them too! I have to hide them from my 2 year old, because I’ve found her sneaking them out of the freezer.
Protein ball recipe
If you’ve ever wondered how to make protein balls, I’m going to show you how. They are seriously SO easy to make and come together in minutes. All you need to make them is oats, peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and vanilla. I like to add in a scoop of protein powder as well for a little extra protein. Sometimes I’ll add flaxseed and chias seeds as well as a sprinkle a dash of cinnamon or salt for extra flavor as well.
Once you have all your ingredients, you literally just mix them all together in a bowl and then scoop them into little balls and place them on a lined baking sheet. I like to use a small cookie scoop to make things easier.
I like to par freeze these protein balls by placing the whole pan in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes. Then I place them all in a ziptop bag and put them back in the freezer. You can also put a couple in snack size bags when you need a quick snack on the go. Once I take them out of the freezer, I like to let them thaw a little bit so they have the soft cookie dough texture that makes them so amazing!
For more energy ball recipes, check out:
Chocolate peanut butter protein balls
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 serving chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- splash of vanilla
- 1-2 Tablespoons chia seeds optional
- 1-2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed optional
- Stir together the oats, cocoa powder and protein powder in a large bowl. Next stir in the peanut butter, honey, chocolate chips and vanilla. Add chia seeds and flaxseed with the wet ingredients if desired. Stir until smooth.
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), scoop out 40 balls. Place in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes, or until ready to eat. If you'd like to store in the freezer, place pan in freezer for 10-20 minutes and then transfer to a zip top bag or freezer container. Taste best when slightly thawed from freezer or from the refrigerator.