These almond joy no-bake energy bites are the perfect pre-workout fuel, afternoon snack or late night treat. Much healthier than an almond joy and SO tasty!
When it comes to healthy snacks, these oatmeal energy bites are a top pick. They’re packed with protein and will give you the perfect boost to get through the day. Some of my other favorites snacks are smoothies, hard boiled eggs, blender oatmeal muffins and veggies and hummus.
I’ve been trying to eat cleaner this year and so far I think I’m doing pretty good at making healthier choices. It’s been a goal of mine to only have one treat a week, which gets pretty difficult when you have a big sweet tooth like mine!
These no-bake energy bites have been the perfect snack for when I’m craving something sweet and thinking about going for a chocolate bar. They are much more satisfying than a candy bar and will keep you fuller longer.
My favorite part about the energy bites are the flakes of coconut and chocolate chips throughout. I love almond joy bars and other fun variations like almond joy cookies or dip, but let’s be honest…I can’t eat those all the time! So these almond joy balls are a fun alternative that are healthier and still super delicious.
Reason to love them:
- Healthy. Made with natural sweeteners and packed with protein!
- Low in Calories. Less than 100 calories per serving!
- Gluten-free. All ingredients are typically gluten-free. Just make sure to check your labels!
- No-bake. Skip heating up the oven and make this easy no bake recipe!
- Freezer-friendly. The perfect freezer-friendly snack that’s perfect for grab and go!
- Customizable. Easily make swaps or additions based on what you have on hand!
- Sweet. Curb your sugar craving with a sweet treat that you can feel good about!
These are made with just a few simple ingredients and all natural sweeteners (instead of sugar and corn syrup):
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 serving protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey
- 1-2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips
They are similar to my chocolate peanut butter energy balls, but are made with almond butter and coconut instead. I like to keep both stocked in my freezer, because you never know which mood you’ll be in. ;)
How to make no-bake energy bites
These are SO easy to whip up and are prepped in just 10 minutes! Plus there’s no baking required, which is always a win in my book. Check out how to make them below.
Mix ingredients together
Line a small baking sheet with parchment, wax or freezer paper. Sometimes I like to use a silpat mat too.
In a blender or food processor, pulse the oats about 3-5 times to break them up. Be careful not to over pulse though…we don’t want them to have a powdery consistency.
Combine oats, protein powder, almond butter, 2 Tablespoons honey, coconut oil, coconut and chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until combined. Taste the mixture and add an extra Tablespoon of honey or coconut oil if needed.
Scoop and store
Next scoop the balls out and place on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. I like to use a small cookie scoop (about a Tablespoon) to form the balls. It makes the perfect bite-sized serving.
I also recommend flash freezing the energy bites for about 15 minutes so that they won’t stick together when you store them. You can flash freeze them while they are still on the baking sheet. Just stick the baking sheet in the freezer for about 15 minutes, or until the bites are firm.
Then transfer your energy bites to a zip top bag or container and store in the refrigerator or freezer. I love to keep mine in the freezer, so that they’ll last longer.
- Fridge: These energy bites will keep for about 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Freezer: Add energy bites to a zip top freezer bag and store in freezer for up to 3 months. I like to label them so that I can easily find them in the freezer.
More healthy snack ideas:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- No-Bake Energy Balls
- Lemon Coconut Energy Balls
- Kodiak Cakes Protein Balls
- No-Bake Breakfast Cookies
Almond Joy Energy Bites
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment, wax or freezer paper.
- Pulse the oats about 3-5 times in a blender or food processor to break them up. However, don't turn them into powder.
- Combine the oats, protein powder, almond butter, 2 Tablespoons honey, coconut oil, coconut and chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until combined. Taste and add an extra Tablespoon of coconut oil or honey if needed.
- Using a small cookie scoop (a little less than a Tablespoon), scoop balls and place them onto the baking sheet. Once they're all on the pan, flash freeze them by placing the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes, or until hard. Then transfer to a zip top bag or container. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Don’t over pulse the oats. They should not have a powdery consistency.
- If the mixture isn’t sweet enough, add another Tablespoon of honey or coconut oil.
- If you add extra ingredients and the mixture feels to dry, add a Tablespoon more of almond butter and 1/2 tablespoon of honey.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Hope you enjoy these almond joy bites!