This 5-Layer Greek Dip is the ultimate appetizer and so easy to make. It’s light and tastes great with fresh vegetables, naan bread or pita chips!
Have you ever tried the classic Mexican 7-layer dip? It’s full of flavorful layers and is always the first to go at a party. This greek dip recipe is a fun take on the Mexican dip and is seriously so delicious. You may even like this version better! ;)
If you’re looking for a lighter appetizer to serve for the next game day, we’ve got you covered! The 5-layer greek dip is a great dip people can snack on without having to feel guilty. It’s layered with a hummus dip, red bell peppers, cucumbers, kalamata olives, feta cheese, parsley and an olive oil drizzle! YUM!
I love this greek dip because it is so simple. Basically all you need to do is grab your platter and layer all of the ingredients. Plus, more feta cheese on top is always a good idea! ;) This is the perfect easy appetizer that everyone will love!
5 delicious layers!
- Hummus – Layer your favorite hummus in a serving platter. I use red pepper hummus, but any type will work! Sometimes I even make homemade hummus or white bean hummus.
- Feta – Sprinkle the feta on top of the hummus for the 2nd layer. I like to save some extra for sprinkling on top at the very end, too.
- Chopped veggies – Next you’ll add in the finely chopped veggies. Cucumber and red bell pepper are my favorites, but feel free to add in extras like chopped red onion or tomatoes.
- Chopped olives – Once you’ve sprinkled on the veggies, then add the chopped kalamata olives. You can leave them out if you’re not a fan of olives.
- Olive oil drizzle – Finally, you’ll drizzle the olive oil mixture on top. Simply mix together the olive oil, parsley and oregano in a small bowl, then drizzle the mixture on top of the greek dip.
Serve greek dip with:
Tips + additions
Add an extra layer of dill dip.
Sprinkle on some pine nuts.
You can sprinkle some pine nuts on top for an extra crunch. Just add them on top of the chopped veggies/olives.
Make in advance
This greek dip can easily be made in advance (morning of or night before). I wouldn’t make it any earlier than that though, so the veggies don’t get soggy. Just prepare according to directions, then cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
More delicious party dips:
Greek Dip Recipe
- 2 containers red pepper hummus (or your favorite kind)
- 1/2-1 cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 1 cucumber , diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper , diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives , chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion , chopped (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
For serving: Sea salt pita chips, naan bread and fresh vegetables
- Layer the hummus in a platter or pie dish. Then top with 1/2 cup feta cheese. Next add the cucumber, red peppers, olives, and onion if desired. Then mix together the olive olive, parsley and oregano in a small bowl. Drizzle over the top and sprinkle on more feta cheese if desired.
- Serve with pita chips, naan bread and fresh vegetables.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Photography and recipe contributed by Angela Gerber Photography for I Heart Naptime.