The best vegetable dip that’s light, healthy and packed with flavor. Perfect with fresh veggies or pita chips. You’ll love this skinny dill dip recipe!
Table of Contents
Skinny Dill Vegetable Dip
If you’re looking for a lighter appetizer recipe or healthy snack to munch on throughout the week, this dill vegetable dip is perfect. It’s packed with protein and tastes delicious with fresh chopped veggies. I make it almost every month!
This homemade dill dip is SO much better than store bought in my opinion. The lightened up version is my favorite with fresh, raw vegetables. I love to make a big serving of this vegetable dip so that I have a light and healthy option to snack on with veggies throughout the week.
It’s also SO easy to throw together. Just combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix together, then refrigerate until ready to serve. It doesn’t get much better than that!
Why it’s Healthier
- The base of the dip is made with greek yogurt instead of sour cream or mayo. Which means it’s loaded with protein and a lot lower in fat.
- Because it’s homemade, there’s no added preservatives. None of those extra unnecessary ingredients included.
- It pairs perfectly with fresh chopped vegetables. So if you’re looking for a way to get in extra veggies, this greek yogurt dill dip is the perfect vessel.
- Greek yogurt
- Mayo with olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried parsley
- Dried dill (or fresh)
How Do you Make Dill Dip?
This greek yogurt dill dip recipe is SUPER easy to make! After making it yourself, you’ll definitely skip out on the store-bought version.
- Stir ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl until smooth.
- Taste and add more seasonings as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir right before serving.
One of the great things about this dill vegetable dip is that it will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, meaning you can easily make it in advance!
It only takes 5 minutes to whip up, but if your schedule is busy and you want to knock it out ahead of time – go for it! Simply make the dip according to directions, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Just make sure to give it a good stir right before serving!
Ways to Enjoy This Healthy Dip Recipe
If you’ve never had dill, it’s flavor is fresh and distinct. It pairs great with other seasonings and herbs and really helps to bring out their flavors too.
There are lots of different ways to eat this vegetable dip, but below are a few of my favorite combinations.
- Serve dill dip with fresh veggies, pita chips or naan and pita bread slices
- Add it to a fruit and veggie snack platter
- Spread it on a wrap or sandwich to add a layer of extra flavor
- Top a Greek chicken burger with this delicious dill vegetable dip
- Add a spoonful to the top of a Mediterranean or Greek salad
- Dip grilled chicken kabobs in this delicious dip
- Use as a base in this 5-layer greek dip instead of hummus. Or add it as another layer on top of hummus for extra flavor.
Other Dip Recipes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Dill Dip Recipe
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- ¼ cup mayo with olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill (or 1-2 Tablespoons fresh)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until smooth. Add more seasonings to taste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Stir right before serving.
- Dish up with your favorite vegetables and crackers and enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Add a few shakes of Worcestershire sauce (for non-vegans) & this was PERFECT!! Yum!
Thanks for the suggestions, Myla. I will definitely try that!
Ughh yes, so good!