Building the perfect yogurt bowl is way more fun than you might think! Load it up or keep it simple, and enjoy a cool creamy bowl of yogurt with just the right combination of flavors and textures for breakfast or snack!
Table of Contents
Build Your Own Greek Yogurt Bowl
Since I started making yogurt bowls I’ve learned that there is never a shortage of ways to enjoy yogurt! When I was a kid, lifting the foil lid off of a little plastic cup was enough to make me happy. As an adult, I’m happy to say, I’ve introduced my kids to a whole new world of DIY yogurt breakfast bowls!
This yogurt bowl recipe is a delicious breakfast or healthy snack idea that is creamy, rich, and loaded with calcium and protein. Topping it with things like fresh fruit, berries, muesli or homemade granola just adds to the texture, flavor, and nutrients. The kids love when they can pick and choose their toppings which makes building a yogurt fruit bowl all the more fun!
The best part of a yogurt bowl is that you can customize it how you like! Here is what I use to get started.
- Greek yogurt: You will need 1/2-1 cup. I prefer Chobani or Greek’s God Vanilla flavor.
- Fruit: Half a banana and a half cup of mixed berries are my preference. Use what you like!
- Granola: I find a half cup is the perfect amount. I love to use my homemade granola, but store bought works, too.
How to Make Granola Yogurt Bowl
Making a yogurt bowl is so easy! Just follow these steps to layer it to perfection.
- Yogurt: Add yogurt of choice to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add fruit: Wash and dry your berries. Pick out any debris or stems. Slice your bananas. Arrange the berries and bananas in the center of the yogurt.
- Add toppings: Sprinkle granola on top. Drizzle with honey or peanut butter overtop.
- Serve: Enjoy as is or add even more of your favorite toppings.
More Topping Options
The sky is the limit when it comes to topping your yogurt bowl!
- Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, or cherries
- Chopped nuts – Almonds (whole or slivered), walnuts, pistachios, pecans, and cashews
- Maple syrup
- Brown sugar
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Flax seeds
- Diced apples, pears, or sliced peaches, pineapple, kiwis, or mango.
- Seed and nut butters like almond butter, peanut butter, or pumpkin seed butters
- Skip the yogurt one day and use oatmeal instead and build a delicious oatmeal bowl for a change!
- Make a smoothie bowl by pouring a thick smoothie bowl into a bowl using these same yogurt bowl topping ideas!
- Leftover berry fruit salad or rainbow honey lime fruit salad, taste great, too!
- Make your yogurt bowl more filling by adding fiber rich foods such as nuts and seeds and using protein packed Greek yogurt.
A yogurt bowl is a fantastic way to get in a high protein, high calcium breakfast quickly and easily. With the number of possible toppings, the nutritional benefits are limitless. You want to watch for what you’re adding on top. To balance out the sugar, you want to add in good fats and protein as well. For example, if you’re adding brown sugar or maple syrup you want to add in nuts or hemp hearts as well. If you’re adding fruit, you may want to also add almond or peanut butter.
Absolutely! Keep in mind, flavored yogurt comes with added sugar. The toppings add in a ton of flavor, so I like to keep mine plain, but you do you.
That really depends on what you’re after. Greek yogurt is higher in protein and lower in sugar while regular yogurt is higher in calcium but typically higher in sugar. They’re both a great choice for a yogurt bowl as they contain calcium, protein, and probiotics, even if in different amounts, so you can’t go wrong either way!
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas:
- Overnight Oats
- No Bake Breakfast Cookies
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Avocado Toast
- Egg White Muffins
Easy Breakfast IdeasBrowse all
- 1/2-1 cup Greek Yogurt , I prefer Chobani or Greek's God Vanilla flavor
- ½ banana , sliced
- ½ cup mixed berries
- ¼ cup granola
- Place the yogurt in a medium size bowl.
- Arrange the banana and berries on top. Then sprinkle granola over top.
- Drizzle with honey or peanut butter if desired. Add any other desired toppings. Enjoy!
- Banana, granola, peanut butter and chocolate chips
- Peanut butter, jam, granola, strawberries
- Mixed berries, chia seeds and honey
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!